Who We Are
Members of the Vice President’s executive team and staff seek to foster students’ personal integrity and community responsibility, self-reliance and interdependence, respect for differences, and critical thinking and leadership skills.
What We Strive to Achieve
- professionalism in our actions and standards
- quality service in our internal and external interactions
- comprehensive assessment of our programs
- commitment to work productively and ethically toward our goal of student development
What We Do
Members of the Vice President’s executive team and staff coordinate a wide variety of services, programs and activities designed to support the academic success and personal development of PLU students. We recognize that the college years will be a time for tremendous personal growth, value clarification and self-exploration. It is an incredible time of growth in the life of every student.
We are here to provide guidance and assistance to students, by helping them to problem solve or by referring them to the appropriate resources. In times of crisis, we offer support and caring services to students.
- Serve as a primary link for students to faculty, staff and administrators.
- Promote appreciation of diverse experiences for the campus community.
- Bridge the curricular and co-curricular aspects of learning at PLU.
- Promote a supportive learning environment for students.
- Contact appropriate faculty/staff in the event of a student emergency or illness.
- Facilitate the process of informing students regarding emergencies or other special circumstances needing their immediate attention.
- Administer the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) regarding disclosure of student information. Students wishing to not disclose what would normally be “directory information” may do so by contacting the Office of Student Life.
- Complete recommendation forms upon request.
Using PLU’s mission statement as a guide (“to educate students for lives of thoughtful inquiry, service, leadership and care – for other people, for their communities, and for the earth” PLU 2000: Embracing the 21st Century), we strive to create a community in which every PLU student is respected for their individuality and unique contributions, and support students through various forms of advocacy through the encouragement of proactive approaches to campus problems and concerns. Students are also encouraged to connect with other students, faculty and staff by becoming active members of the PLU community.