Official and Unofficial Transcripts
Information about Transcripts
- Transcripts are the permanent and unabridged student educational record.
- An online or written request is required to receive information on your academic record.
- Transcripts can be sent electronically, faxed, mailed or picked up at the university (Hauge Administration Building, Room 102).
- A transcript can be picked up by another person besides you only with a signed written release.
Official transcripts are printed on letterhead security paper, which includes the university’s rose window image. Each transcript is sealed in an individual envelope. The fee includes mailing your transcript to any U.S. domestic address or you may pick up your requested transcripts in the Student Services Center with photo ID.
PLU now offers the convenience of ordering your official transcripts online with a major credit card through the National Student Clearinghouse secure site, at www.plu.edu/transcripts.
Online transcript requests are charged $10.00 for each transcript with a $2.25 handling fee (and $.50 for PDF) for each order. The site will walk you though placing your order, including delivery options. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. Order updates will be emailed to you and you can track your order online.
In person or mailed transcript requests – A signed request is required when ordering in-person or by mail. The cost is $10.00 per official transcript. cash, check, or money orders (made out to PLU) are accepted as payment.
Unofficial transcripts are free and matriculated (current) students can access an unofficial transcript from their Banner Self-Service account. Transcripts now include your name and the Pacific Lutheran University logo.
Begin by logging in to Banner Self-Services, Go next to Student Services, then Student Records, then Student Transcripts, Ctrl-P to print.
Alumni (without Banner access), Continuing Education and Learner’s Edge inquiries for unofficial transcripts can be requested by email, fax or mailing a request. See the link below. Transcripts are printed on standard white paper with an unofficial transcript stamp across each page.
Unofficial transcripts can be faxed, mailed, emailed or picked up in person with photo ID.
Submit your request:
- In writing – include name, PLU ID or last 4 digits of your SSN, written signature, and where you would like the transcript sent.
- Complete and submit the Unofficial Transcript Request
Mail: ATTN: Transcripts
PLU Student Services Center
Tacoma, WA 98447
Pacific Lutheran University is the custodian of official transcripts for Trinity Lutheran College which closed in Spring 2016. Transcripts are the only records PLU maintains for TLC. While PLU provides official transcripts for TLC alumni, PLU is not able to provide any interpretation of TLC transcripts.
TLC transcripts are ordered through the National Student Clearinghouse secure site. There is a $10.00 fee for each transcript with a $2.25 handling fee for each order. When placing an order for TLC transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse make sure to select ‘Trinity Lutheran College’ from the school list.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Requests are processed on a first received basis
- Processing time can take 1-5 business days
- Peak periods are January, June, July, August and September
- To have your transcript sent by Federal Express, the cost is $19 for mailing Federal Express plus $10 for each Official Transcript. Transcripts ordered online, add a $2.25 handling fee per order.
- To have your transcript sent Federal Express to an International address, the cost is $30 for mailing Federal Express plus $10 for each Official Transcript . Transcripts ordered online, add a $2.25 handling fee per order. Official Transcripts
- We send a maximum of 5-10 transcripts (depending on how many pages your transcript includes) per Federal Express envelope.
- We must have a physical street address and contact phone for all Federal Express orders.
- Payment is to be paid at the time of your request.
- We accept cash (in person only), check and money orders (made to PLU).
- The fee cannot be charged to your student account.
- If you have a HOLD on your account we will not be able process your Transcript request until your HOLD has been removed. Current students may view their HOLD on your Banner Self-Service. If you are unable to view your HOLD on Banner Self-Services, contact Transcript Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7133.
- If you request to have all grades or degrees posted before the transcript is processed.
- If your bankcard has been declined or is invalid.