Congratulations on your new on-campus job!

If this is your first job at PLU, you must submit employment forms at the Office of Student Employment in the Nesvig Alumni Center, located across from the AUC on the corner of 123rd St. and Park Ave. You will need to turn in the forms before your first shift. Nesvig is open M-F, 8am-5pm. Please read the following explanations for each of the required forms before you come to our office.

I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification

This form is used to verify that you are authorized to work in the US. When you come to the Student Employment Office you need to bring an original, non-photocopied document that proves that you are a US citizen or that you have work authorization. A list of acceptable documents is on page 3 of the I-9. The most common documents are a US passport, a social security card, or a birth certificate.

W-4 Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate

The W-4 will determine how taxes are deducted from your paycheck. If you aren’t sure how to fill out a W-4, do some research or ask for advice from someone you trust before coming to our office. We are not legally authorized to give you advice about this form.

Student Worker Rights and Responsibilities Form

The Student Worker Rights and Responsibilities Form details your rights when working in Washington State as well as your responsibilities as a new student worker at PLU.

Direct Deposit Form (optional)

If you wish to receive your paychecks via direct deposit, you will need to fill out a form with your bank’s routing number and your bank account number. You can find this information on your checks, on your bank statement, or by calling your bank. If you do not fill out this form, you will need to pick up your paychecks in the business office in Admin 110.