Submitted by Chris Albert, assistant director of web development
I love guacamole. I don’t like the store-bought stuff.
- 2 large avocados
- Quarter of a red onion (minced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 medium to large jalapeño (minced without seeds)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Half of a lime
- Half teaspoon of cumin
- Sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Prep10 m
- Combine5 m
- On a cutting board mince the red onion, garlic and jalapeño.
- Place in a small-to medium-sized bowl (preferably something sturdy for crushing the ingredients).
- Add cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Slice the halved lime into quarters and squeeze the juice from one of the quarters into the bowl.
- Cut your avocados in half to remove the pit, quarter them to remove the skin and cut them into half-inch chunks. Add avocado to the bowl.
- Take the remaining quarter of the lime and squeeze into the bowl.
- Use the back of a fork to crush the avocado with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl until it is fairly smooth.
- Add sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste.