Payment and Appeals
Payment of Parking Tickets
- Please present the parking ticket and make payment at the Concierge in the University Center. Payments may be made with cash, bank/credit card, check, or LuteBuck$.
- Payment of the parking ticket fine before the end of the next business day results in the fine being reduced by 50% with the exception of disabled and carpool space violations. These fines are not reducible.
- Payment after one business day but less than 10 business days results in the assessed fine being charged.
- After 10 business days, payment or billing of parking ticket fines will have a $10.00 administrative fee included.
- Students: Unpaid fines will be assessed to student accounts.
- Employees: Unpaid fines will be directed to Payroll for payroll deduction. Unregistered vehicles parked in university parking lots with unresolved fines are subject to impound.
- If Campus Safety has to determine ownership of an unregistered vehicle, the cost of the inquiry ($20) is added to the fine assessed on the ticket.
Appealing Parking Tickets
You have the right to appeal a PLU parking ticket to the Parking Ticket Appeals Committee. Forms are available in the Campus Safety Office or online here.
- Appeal forms must be submitted to Campus Safety within 5 business days of the ticket issue date.
- Failure to appeal within the allotted time results in loss of the right to appeal.
- Contact Campus Safety at 535-7441 (x7441) with questions. Campus Safety is located on the ground floor of Harstad Hall.
- Tickets that are submitted for appeal are not subject to the 50% reduction in cost.
County Parking TicketsCampus Safety has no ability to change or void any County tickets. Please follow the instructions on the back of your County ticket.
Common causes for ticketsParking in a fire lane is never legal, regardless of length of time or if your hazard lights are on.
The registered owner is responsible for any tickets issued to a vehicle, regardless of who was operating the vehicle when the violation occurred.
Pierce County tickets:Campus Safety is authorized and commissioned by the local Sheriff's Department to write tickets that are adjudicated through Pierce County District Court #1 (referred to by PLU Campus Safety as "County tickets") within the vicinity of the University. These tickets cannot be appealed at PLU through Campus Safety. All inquiries must be directed to Pierce County District Court as explained on the back of the infraction. The RCW's (Revised Code of Washington) pertaining to parking on county roads can be found here: 46.61.560 - 46.61.590. Parking regulations enacted by Pierce County through the Pierce County Code can be found here: PCC Title 10.
Curb Color Codes
|Red||Fire Lane, no parking any time|
|Yellow||Loading Zone, temporary parking for actively loading/unloading only|
|Blue||Disabled Parking, state permit required|