Welcome to Campus Safety
Our mission is to serve the campus community, promote and sustain a safe environment and effectively respond to campus incidents. Personal safety starts with the individual. Students and staff are encouraged to be responsible and practice good safety habits. To create and maintain the highest level of safety and security it takes a cooperative approach from both the individual (personal safety habits) and the university (campus resources and procedures). Please take a moment to review some of our campus procedures and services.
Campus Safety Phone App – Knight Shield
This app provides information on emergency procedures, campus support and resources, and tools to report incidents or request assistance. See the Campus Safety Phone App page for more info.
- PLU Alert!
- Our emergency notification system (text, phone, and email alerts).
- Be sure to up date your cell phone number in Banner.
- Emergency Announcements
- The campus is equipped with an outdoor speaker system that provides emergency notifications.
- Inside some buildings there are Call for Help stations mounted on the wall.
- Press the blue Help button to open a direct link to Campus Safety.
- These stations also provide loudspeaker communications during emergencies.
- Emergency Procedures and Services
- Take a look at our Lock Down and Evacuation procedures.