Welcome to Payroll!
** Important Announcement**
Update: New Payroll Hours. We are now open Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays from 10am-12pm & 1pm-3pm. We will be closed for lunch from 12pm-1pm until further notice.
The Pacific Lutheran University Payroll Office is a dedicated team of professionals committed to paying university employees in a timely and accurate manner. We work to ensure our data, records and reports are always handled with confidentiality. Payroll actively promotes and monitors compliance of labor laws and federal tax regulations. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service through friendly and effective communication.
To sign up for electronic W-2, print your official W-2, request a duplicate W-2, Frequently Asked Questions.
W-2’s will be postmarked and mailed to your permanent address by January 31st of each year.
- Washington state’s minimum wage increased in 2022 to $14.49 per hour. For more information, please visit Washington State Department of Labor & Industries.
- **Electronic Drop-Box (Etrieve)** Are you a Student, PLU Employee or PLU Student Worker and are looking to submit a secure document to Payroll? Please click this link to upload a document through Etrieve. Please note that you must electronically sign and date your document or you can print out your document and hand sign it. This is not intended to be used for time sheets/leave reports. For instruction on how to use the drop-box, please click here. You must have access to Banner Self Service in order to use this feature.
- Effective April 13, 2020 you will now have a way to update your W-4 Tax Form via Banner Self Service. Please click here for instructions. You can also access these instructions on our Documents & Forms page.
- Effective January 1, 2019 employers will begin deducting premiums from employee paychecks for the Washington Paid Family and Medical Leave. This shared benefit is to give employees in Washington State support when they are unable to work due to a serious illness or injury, caring for a new child or aging parent, etc. Please see the attached memo with more information regarding this new Washington State benefit: Paid Family Medical Leave.
- Click here for American Payroll Association’s guide to Understanding Your Pay. Learn paycheck basics, taxes, deductions, and how to read your pay stub.
- Save time with Direct Deposit! Click here to sign up for Direct Deposit and your Pay Advice will be sent electronically to your PLU email account.