Known internationally for having diverse academic programs and personal interaction with professors, PLU has approximately 3,100 students and 250 faculty (a 12:1 ratio). Each year more than 100 international students enroll at PLU to continue their study. At PLU, fellow students become both friends and collaborators; professors become both teachers and mentors.
Undergraduate Admission Requirements
To complete your international undergraduate application, complete each of the following items. If you have questions, you may contact the PLU International Admission by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling at 1-253-535-7151.
- Fill out the free application
- Submit an essay
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Send official transcripts translated to English from all schools you’ve attended (starting from upper secondary and any schools you are currently attending)
- Submit a TOEFL (79) or IELTS (6.5) or PTE (56) score* if your first language is other than English (see FAQ page for more information)
*School of Nursing may require a higher test score.
A financial guarantee (bank statement), a copy of passport biographical information page, and $200 enrollment deposit will be required prior to issuing a visa application support document (I-20 or DS-2019).
Admission Priority Date
- May 1 for the fall semester (September intake)
- December 1 for the spring semester (February intake)
Admission review will be guaranteed for a qualified student until the Admission Priority Date. After the Admission Priority Date, applications may be accepted. However, all applications will be reviewed on a rolling (as needed) basis and admission may be closed anytime without notice as we accept the maximum number of students for any given term.
Graduate Admission Requirements
To complete your international graduate application, please check the academic department website of your intended major for more information. If you have questions, you may contact the PLU Graduate Admission by email (email@example.com) or by calling at 1-253-535-8570.