Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Known internationally for having diverse academic programs and personal interaction with professors, PLU has more than 3,100 students and 250 faculty (a 12:1 ratio). Each year more than 100 international students enroll at PLU to continue their study. At PLU, fellow students become both friends and collaborators; professors become both teachers and mentors.
To complete your international undergraduate application, complete each of the following items, if you have questions you may contact the PLU International Admission online (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling us at 1-253-535-7151.
- Fill out the free application
- Submit an essay
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Send official transcripts translated to English from all schools you’ve attended (starting from upper secondary and any schools you are currently attending)
- TOEFL (79) or IELTS (6.5) or PTE (56) scores* if your first language is other than English (see FAQ page for more information)
*Some academic departments may require a higher test score.
A financial guarantee (bank statement), a copy of passport biographical information page, and $200 enrollment deposit will be required prior to issuing a visa application support document (I-20 or DS-2019).
Application for English language support
If you wish to enroll but do not have the required English proficiency score (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE), you may be conditionally admitted (a satisfactory completion of ESL study will replace an English proficiency score).
Admission Priority Date
- May 1 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
Admission review will be guaranteed for a qualified student until the Admission Priority Date. After the Admission Priority Date, applications may be accepted. However, all applications will be reviewed on a rolling (as needed) basis and admission may be closed anytime without notice as we accept the maximum number of students for any given term.