Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the PLU Advancement Team!
Thank you for your year-end gift on behalf of PLU and PLU students!
All 2019 gifts, including online gifts, credit card gifts, or gifts of appreciated securities, must be received by PLU by December 31, 2019 to be included in your year-end tax summary. The only exception is checks received via mail. Checks that are postmarked on or before December 31, 2019 will be receipted with a 2019 gift date. We will mail a gift receipt to you; please keep your receipts for tax purposes.
Remember that we are here to answer your questions about giving and we want to make sure your giving experience is meaningful for you and our students.
We wish you and your family a joyous holiday and best wishes in the New Year!
Ways to Make a Gift
- Call us at (253) 535-7177
- Visit our office: 3rd Floor, Martin J. Neeb Center, 12501 Park Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98447
- Make a gift online anytime: plu.edu/givetoplu
- Mail a check, payable to PLU: Office of Advancement, Pacific Lutheran University, 12180 Park Ave S, Tacoma, WA 98447
- Electronic fund transfers (wire or ACH) will be accepted into PLU’s bank account during the closure period.
Gifts of Appreciated Securities or Retirement Assets
Contact Doug Page at 253.535.8488 or email@example.com with questions regarding gifts of Appreciated Securities or Retirement Assets.
- Information about gifts of stock or appreciated securities can be found here.
- If you are 70 1/2 or older, IRA Charitable Rollover gifts allow you to make a gift directly to a qualified charity such as Pacific Lutheran University, without paying income taxes on the money. Contact your IRA administrator to request a transfer.
Advancement Office Hours
Please note that the office will be closed December 16-31, but phone and email messages will be answered during that time.