GET TO KNOW CAMPUS
We offer in-person visits and events, as well as some virtual info sessions and events. We know experiencing campus and the college community is one of the most important things you can do in your college search and look forward to meeting you soon.
Immediately after entering campus, I could feel the close-knit community embodied through the surrounding greenery and towering evergreens scattered throughout the campus... PLU's campus feels like home.
EVENTS & VIRTUAL SESSIONS
Fall Preview Day - Friday, November 10, 2023
Join us for a Fall Preview Day, where you’ll get to explore our campus in a more in-depth way! Learn more about PLU through an admission & financial aid presentation, take a campus tour, attend academic sessions, eat lunch in our main commons, and take part in student life breakout sessions.
Check back later for upcoming virtual events!
Join a 30-45 minute webinar hosted by Nursing’s Associate Director of Advising, Admissions and Student Support to talk more about the PLU School of Nursing, with allowed Q&A time at the end of each session.
Upcoming Virtual Sessions:
*Questions? Feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us at 253-535-8412.
MAKE A CONNECTION
IMAGINE YOURSELF HERE
- Any on-campus individual visit that you have scheduled with the PLU Admission Office (see above for individual visit details) or Admission visit events (i.e. Fall Preview Day, Lute Life Day, Spring Preview Day, Lute OverKnight, Summer Lute Life Day, etc.)
- When you arrive on campus for a visit, you must check in with an admission representative in order to be marked “attended.” Check-in details are provided in a confirmation email before your visit, and the Visit Scholarship is automatically awarded based on your “attended” status.
What doesn't count:
- Phone appointments
- Virtual Information Sessions
- Off-campus events or coffee one-on-ones
- Visiting friends or siblings without scheduling an official tour
- Self-guided tours
- New Student Registration or Advising
- Meetings with another administrative (i.e. Student Financial Services) or academic department, unless it’s joined with an Admission tour and appointment, or event
- Information sessions through other on-campus offices (i.e. Nursing Information sessions), unless it’s joined with an Admission tour and appointment, or event
- Athletics visits, unless it’s joined with an Admission tour and appointment, or event
When you're a walk-in visitor:
- If you didn’t RSVP in time for one of our visit events (i.e. Fall Preview Day, Lute Life Day, Spring Preview Day, Summer Lute Life Day, etc.), but still come, you ARE eligible and will receive the Visit Scholarship as long as you check-in at the registration table.
- If you come for an individual visit without scheduling ahead of time, and we can get you on a campus tour and connected with one of our admission counselors, you ARE eligible and will receive the Visit Scholarship.
- If you come for an individual visit without scheduling ahead of time, and we’re unable to accommodate a visit at that time, you’ll have to visit campus again to be eligible for the Visit Scholarship. This is why we highly recommend that you schedule your visit ahead of time!
Year prior to enrollment:
- For first-year students (including Running Start students), it means you need to visit between June 1, 2023 and June 1, 2024 of your senior year of high school. (Yes, it means that even if you visited as a junior, you’ll want to visit again senior year to get the scholarship)
- For transfer students, you need to visit between June 1 and December 1 for a 2024 spring semester start, or between June 1, 2023 and July 1, 2024 for a fall semester 2024 start
Please note that the Visit Scholarship is for undergraduate students only – students pursuing any of PLU’s graduate programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
Eligibility & Awarding:
- You must apply and be admitted to PLU (you’ll get the scholarship whether you visit before OR after you’re admitted)
- Be marked as “attended” for an Admission-sponsored visit between the aforementioned dates
- Wait for the scholarship to show up on your PLU financial aid award! (It will be disbursed over fall and spring semester)
- If you visit after receiving your initial financial aid award, Student Financial Services will send you an alert once your award’s been updated with the scholarship
Please note: The Visit Scholarship cannot be combined with a full-tuition scholarship such as the Regents’ Scholarship, tuition exchange, 253 PLU Bound Scholarship or Act Six Scholarship.