GET TO KNOW CAMPUS
We are excited to offer in-person visits and virtual visit opportunities, academic sessions, and virtual events. We know experiencing campus, whether it’s in-person or virtually, is one of the most important things you can do in your college search and look forward to meeting you soon.
Immediately after entering campus, I could feel the close-knit community embodied through the surrounding greenery and towering evergreens scattered throughout the campus... PLU's campus feels like home.
Yes! You can visit PLU in-person! While we prefer a reservation anytime you are visiting campus, we will accept walk-in visits as well. Check out our In-Person Events tab to check out in-person programs we are hosting!
A Weekday Campus Visit includes:
- A campus tour led by a current student
- A one-on-one meeting with an Admission Counselor
Additional add on options (M-F during the academic year):
- Lunch with a current student (offered from 11:15-12:15)
- Meeting with a professor
- Attending a class (only open to high school seniors and juniors)
A Saturday Visit (offered in Oct., Jan., Feb., March & April) includes:
- A campus tour led by a current student
- An Admission Presentation lead by an Admission Counselor
If a tour time is not available on a day you are in our area, you are always welcome to walk campus on your own using our self-guided tour.
There are currently no in-person events scheduled for the rest of 2021. If you would like to visit campus please schedule and individual in-person campus visit!
Please note that in order to attend an in-person visit event, you must show either proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the event start time. Additionally, all campus events require proper mask wearing at all times (covering both mouth and nose), regardless of vaccination status, unless actively eating or drinking.
More information can be found on the PLU Admission Coronavirus webpage.
Virtual Campus Tour:
- Join a current student as they guide you through a virtual tour of campus! Offered every other Monday at 6:00 pm PT, this is an interactive way to see campus through a zoom meeting. While not required, you are able to turn your camera on and ask questions of the students during this tour.
Lute Look is a virtual series of events, geared towards high school seniors who have applied, or are interested in applying, to Pacific Lutheran University. We’ll help you learn more about those areas that interest you specifically. Get helpful and timely information and let the PLU experts answer the questions you have!
Virtual Preview Day
Saturday, December 4th – 11:00am – 1:30pm PT
If you are unable to join us for our in-person Fall Preview Day, this Virtual Preview Day is the next best thing! Join us for an admission presentation, student panel, virtual tours, and academic breakout sessions.
Suit Up for Senior Year
We want to help you “suit up” for your Senior year. This webinar series, led by our admission counselor experts, is designed for you to feel confident going into your college search and make sure you’re putting your best self forward in the application and scholarship process.
Academic Information Sessions are a great way to learn more about our various majors and programs here at PLU. Join a 30-45 minute webinar hosted by one of our Admission Counselors and various faculty and staff members from various academic areas to talk more about PLU with a specific focus on your program, with allowed Q&A time at the end of each session.
Upcoming Academic Sessions:
- Transfer Nursing Information Session: Thursday, November 18th from 4:00-5:00pm
- First-Year Nursing Information Session: Tuesday, December 7th from 4:00-5:00pm
- Transfer Nursing Information Session: Thursday, December 9th from 4:00-5:00pm
*Questions? Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 253-535-8412.
MAKE A CONNECTION
IMAGINE YOURSELF HERE
- Any on-campus individual visit that you have scheduled with the PLU Admission Office (see above for individual visit details) or Admission visit events (i.e. Fall Preview Day, Lute Life Day, Spring Preview Day, Lute OverKnight, Summer Lute Life Day, etc.)
- When you arrive on campus for a visit, you must check in with an admission representative in order to be marked “attended.” Check-in details are provided in a confirmation email before your visit, and the Visit Scholarship is automatically awarded based on your “attended” status.
What doesn't count:
- Phone appointments
- Virtual Information Sessions
- Off-campus events or coffee one-on-ones
- Visiting friends or siblings without scheduling an official tour
- Self-guided tours
- New Student Registration or Advising
- Meetings with another administrative (i.e. Student Financial Services) or academic department, unless it’s joined with an Admission tour and appointment, or event
- Information sessions through other on-campus offices (i.e. Nursing Information sessions), unless it’s joined with an Admission tour and appointment, or event
- Athletics visits, unless it’s joined with an Admission tour and appointment, or event
When you're a walk-in visitor:
- If you didn’t RSVP in time for one of our visit events (i.e. Fall Preview Day, Lute Life Day, Spring Preview Day, Summer Lute Life Day, etc.), but still come, you ARE eligible and will receive the Visit Scholarship as long as you check-in at the registration table.
- If you come for an individual visit without scheduling ahead of time, and we can get you on a campus tour and connected with one of our admission counselors, you ARE eligible and will receive the Visit Scholarship.
- If you come for an individual visit without scheduling ahead of time, and we’re unable to accommodate a visit at that time, you’ll have to visit campus again to be eligible for the Visit Scholarship. This is why we highly recommend that you schedule your visit ahead of time!
Year prior to enrollment:
- For first-year students (including Running Start students), it means you need to visit between June 1, 2021 and June 1, 2022 of your senior year of high school. (Yes, it means that even if you visited as a junior, you’ll want to visit again senior year to get the scholarship)
- For transfer students, you need to visit between June 1 and December 1 for a 2022 spring semester start, or between June 1, 2021 and July 1, 2022 for a fall semester 2022 start
Please note that the Visit Scholarship is for undergraduate students only – students pursuing any of PLU’s graduate programs are not eligible for this scholarship.
Eligibility & Awarding:
- You must apply and be admitted to PLU (you’ll get the scholarship whether you visit before OR after you’re admitted)
- Be marked as “attended” for an Admission-sponsored visit between the aforementioned dates
- Wait for the scholarship to show up on your PLU financial aid award! (It will be disbursed over fall and spring semester)
- If you visit after receiving your initial financial aid award, Student Financial Services will send you an alert once your award’s been updated with the scholarship
Please note: The Visit Scholarship cannot be combined with a full-tuition scholarship such as the Regents’ Scholarship, tuition exchange, 253 PLU Bound Scholarship or Act Six Scholarship.