Office of Admission
We invite you to visit the PLU campus! Visiting a college is one of the most important things you can do in your college search – it’s the best way to get a sense of whether that college is the best fit for you.
There are a number of ways you can visit PLU: set up an individual visit, come for a Lute Life Day, or attend one of our events.
Questions? Feel free to contact us at 253-535-7152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PLU Admission Office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and most Saturdays during the school year, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. To experience a typical day as a PLU student, try to avoid weekends, holiday times, and the first and last two weeks of each term. Call and we can plan your visit to coincide with campus activities like concerts, plays and athletic events. See below for our individual visit options, and then request your visit!
Individual visits during the summer automatically include:
- A campus tour from a current student guide
- Meeting with one of our Admission Counselors
Lute Life Days are scheduled personalized program days so that you can fully experience what it’s like to be a PLU student. You select the date and check-in time and we’ll schedule a day for you to include a campus tour, admission and financial aid presentation, PLU class and lunch in the University Commons.
Upcoming Lute Life Days:
- Friday, October 6
- Friday, October 13
- Friday, November 10
Summer Lute Life Days, July 12 & August 2
Come to campus for a tour, mock class, lunch and admission and financial aid presentation. Afterward, join the entire PLU community for one of our Summer Fruit Festivals!
The Office of Admission offers Group Visits to middle school, high school, church youth groups and other organizations.
A Group Visit includes a campus tour, and Admission presentation, but most importantly, the chance to discover the PLU experience.
Before scheduling a group visit, please read through the following PLU Group Visit Policies.
PLU Group Visit Policies:
- You must request a group visit at least two weeks in advance.
- Group Visits at PLU include an Admission Presentation led by a PLU Admission Counselor and a Campus Tour led by a current student. Allow 1 hour for a campus tour, and 45 minutes for an Admission Presentation.
- Full group visits are offered Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and group visits with scavenger hunts in place of campus tours are offered Tuesday and Thursday. Group visits are not scheduled during student breaks (i.e. Spring and Christmas break), pre-finals week, finals week, and the day prior to or the day of Office of Admission campus visit events.
- We ask that you limit your tour group size to no more than 45 participants. In order to ensure the best visit possible for your group, any Group Visit request with more than 45 participants should email Visit Coordinator Cassandra Brazell at email@example.com and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Each group must provide one chaperone for every 10 students. Chaperones must be 20 years of age or older.
- For groups larger than 45, there must be one chaperone for every 5 students.
You are welcome to eat on campus in our dining services either before or after your campus visit. Please note, they take cash, check, or credit cards only. If you are interested in eating on campus, we can provide contact information upon request.