SUPPORT FOR YOUR PLU EXPERIENCE BEGINS NOW
Due to on-going and anticipated concerns regarding COVID-19, we will be offering an interactive virtual approach to orientation. LUTE Welcome orientation will include 3 steps to orienting yourself to PLU to be set up for success (learn more below!).
After completing these steps as part of our LUTE Welcome experiences, you’ll know what to expect on your first day of classes, learn about clubs and organizations you can join, and make lifelong friendships.
We’ve discovered that students who participate in LUTE Welcome orientation are more successful at PLU and able to better navigate campus. As a result, attendance and participation in all steps is required for all new first year and transfer students. And it begins now.
Welcome to PLU
We look forward to meeting you. Whether you are a first-year, transfer, or international student, LUTE Welcome orientation will assist in a smooth and enjoyable transition to PLU.
LUTE Welcome Week is a time to learn about the resources to be successful at PLU and connect with your fellow Lutes. You will engage with students, faculty and staff as we welcome you to PLU!
Let Our Virtual LUTE Welcome Check List GUIDE YOU ON YOUR JOURNEY.
- Check your email this week for an invite to your “LUTE Life” guide. This will give you access to resources, schedules (also included on this site), and ways to connect.
- Review the LUTE Welcome tab to preview the schedule, connect with peers and resources, review checklists and key items you need, meet the JAM guides, and more.
- Thursday, September 3rd you will receive an email from your JAM (Just Ask Me) Guide leader sharing how you will connect.
- For incoming 1st Year students your first virtual session is in the afternoon on Friday, 9/4.
- Transfer orientation in JAM groups sessions are on Saturday, 9/5.
- For students living on campus in quarantine be sure to order your food the day before by 10 am. It will be delivered to your room.
You’ll receive access to important information that will prepare you for life as a LUTE! The Engage Ambassadors and Guides are here to help and prepare you for your time at PLU. Just like you, we will be starting the year at PLU at an unprecedented time.
As students at PLU, we know how important it is to learn about how you will organize your life as a student and have created a New Student LUTE Welcome Sakai site with videos, opportunities to participate in forums, and practice what you will be using for Fall classes. You will learn more about this during LUTE Welcome.
Watch your PLU email for information on how to connect soon!
During Step 3, you’ll meet the heart of your University. As part of LUTE Welcome Week you will meet fellow new students and returning students who will provide tips from their experience. You will get to meet our outstanding faculty and staff, and get a chance to explore campus before classes start.
While we will transition much of our LUTE Welcome orientation content to video and virtual live options, we will be providing unique experiences through campus distance scavenger hunts, zoom meet and greets with staff and learning community faculty to provide mentorship, and a Late Knight virtual event, as informed by guidance from national and regional partners.