Spring 2023 LUTE Welcome Schedule (Click Here)
Save the Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
LUTE Welcome (New Student Orientation) will support your transition to PLU. LUTE Welcome is a time to learn about the resources to be successful at PLU and connect with your fellow Lutes. You will engage with students, faculty and staff as we welcome you to PLU!
Start Your PLU Experience Now
Students who participate in LUTE Welcome orientation are more successful at PLU and able to better navigate campus. LUTE Welcome orientation will include 3 steps to orienting yourself to PLU to be set up for success (learn more below!). After completing these steps as part of our LUTE Welcome experiences, you’ll know what to expect on your first day of classes, learn about clubs and organizations you can join, and make lifelong friendships.
Step One: Start Connecting!
- Follow @plu_2026 to begin to get to know each other!
- Follow @plucampuslife o get to know the Campus Life Student Engage Ambassadors and LUTE Welcome Guides.
As students at PLU, we know how important it is to learn about how you will organize your life as a student and have created a LUTE Welcome To-Do’s Checklist with videos, tips, and links to campus resources that will support your transition to PLU.
Attend LUTE Welcome (New Student Orientation on Tuesday, February 7, 2023) to meet fellow new students and returning students who will provide tips from their experience. You will get to meet our outstanding faculty and staff, and get a chance to explore campus!
- Would you like to request accommodations to fully participate in LUTE Welcome events?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the LUTE Welcome & NSO schedules.
- You can also contact our Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at email@example.com for general information about accommodations at PLU!
- Health & Wellbeing information during LUTE Welcome:
- PLU requires that all students and employees be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus unless they have submitted documentation for a vaccination exemption and have been formally approved. Details for the student process can be found on the Health Center‘s PLU COVID-19 Vaccine Policy for Students web page.
- Students coming to campus for the first time or returning after an absence are strongly encouraged to participate in COVID PCR or antigen (rapid) testing prior to arrival. Family members and supporters who will be assisting with the move in process and/or participating in Lute Welcome New Student Orientation are similarly strongly encouraged to test prior to coming to campus. If not feeling well, students or family members should delay their travel to campus until symptom free for 24 hours.
- Based on current case numbers in Pierce County (as of August 5, 2022), masking indoors is recommended but not required. Mask wearing is supported at all times and strongly encouraged for major Welcome Weekend events such as residence hall move in, The CAVE Open House and New Student Orientation programs, especially when indoors and when larger groups of people will be present for an extended period of time.
- See here for additional PLU Community Updates regarding Public Health Concerns.
Virtual introductions to PLU!
Check out the Campus Life YouTube page for Campus Resource video playlists and more!
Once you’ve registered for classes, you can get your Lute Card (aka PLU ID card)
If you drive during your time at PLU, you’ll need to register your vehicle and get a parking pass.
Purchase the common reading book & your books for class. You could even read ahead!
Love where you live: Learn more about living on-campus and moving into your residence hall.
Save the Dates for Fall 2023 LUTE Welcome
Friday, September 1 through Tuesday, September 5, 2023
See below for sample fall LUTE Welcome schedules from 2022. More information about fall 2023 coming soon!