New Student To-Do's
Finalize Your Financial Aid | Due August 1 (Fall) or January 1 (Spring)
- plan to borrow any of the education loans offered to you
- have been selected for FAFSA verification
- will be bringing in any outside scholarships
- have a matching scholarship from your church or through Scholarship America/Dollars for Scholars
- are a recipient of the Washington State College Grant
There are important steps that you must take to finalize your financial aid. Visit the Student Financial Services ‘New Student Financial Aid Steps’ webpage to review and complete these steps.
Sign Up for Electronic Student Bill (e-Bill) | Due August 1 (Fall) or January 1 (Spring)
Financial Services will send monthly electronic billing statements to your PLU email.
If you want to designate up to three additional recipients to receive the e-bill, go to the Financial Services ‘New Student Financial Aid Steps’ webpage and follow their steps to set that up
Sign Up for Accommodations | Due by First Day of Class (recommended by August 1 for Fall or January 1 for Spring)
The Office of Accessibility and Accommodations (OAA) is dedicated to ensuring equitable access and inclusion for all PLU students and serves students with either temporary or permanent physical, health, learning, sensory or psychological disabilities to establish reasonable accommodations and services at no cost.
Living Plans Next Steps | Due on or Before August 1 (Fall) or January 15 (Spring)
Check your email for hall and learning community assignments within 2-3 weeks of submitting your learning community application.
- For Fall: Roommate letters will be sent out the last week of July. Move-in instructions will come in mid-August.
- For Spring: Assignment, Roommate Assignment and Move-in Instructions will be a singular email that will be sent starting the first week of December
If you are commuting, don’t forget to complete the confirmation of living at home form, after you indicate that you are living at home on the learning community application.
Download GET App & Request LUTE Card | Due by First Day of Class (recommended by August 15 for Fall or January 15 for Spring)
STEP 1: Create your GET account
After you’ve registered for classes or your employment contract date has arrived and you’ve claimed your PLU email address (ePass) you can download the GET app or use the online version at get.cbord.com/plu.
STEP 2: Submit an ID Photo
This picture is for identification purposes and it must clearly identify you. See photo guidelines at https://www.plu.edu/lutecard/card-request/your-first-lutecard/ We reserve the right to decide which pictures are usable. If you’re unsure, contact us at email@example.com. Submit the photo in the GET mobile app under settings or online at get.cbord.com/plu in the Quick Links
After your photo has been received AND approved, your card will be printed and you will receive an email letting you know it can be picked up in the Hospitality Services Office – Anderson University Center room 280 – during regular business hours.
STEP 3: Activate Your LUTECard
For your protection, your card will be marked as Lost when we make it.
To activate your new card go to the settings in the GET mobile app or go online to https://get.cbord.com/plu and under “Quick Links” select “I Found My Card”.
The PLU ID card, known as a LuteCard is provided to all Pacific Lutheran University students. All you need to do is create your GET Account and submit a Photo ID online. Do this ahead of your New Student Registration appointment and you can pick up your card ~1 hour after you’ve been registered for classes!
Update Emergency Contact, Address, & Name/Pronouns | Due by First Day of Class (recommended by August 15 for Fall or February 1 for Spring)
All students should have an emergency contact and confirm their address(s).
- To complete this, log in to your Banner Self-Service account.
- Select ‘Personal Information’
- Then select ‘View/Update Personal Information’
- Update your emergency contact information. While you are there, check to confirm if:
- Your permanent address is correct
- Your name & pronouns are correct
Incoming Educational Module | Due by End of September (recommended by August 28)
As a member of the PLU community, we assume that you possess an earnest purpose, the ability to exercise mature judgment, the ability to act in a responsible manner, a well-developed concept of and commitment to honor, morality and integrity, and a respect for law and the rights of others.
The university adopts only such policies, rules and regulations that seem necessary for the welfare of the educational community. Each student associated with PLU is expected to be familiar with and to follow all policies, rules and regulations promulgated by the university, as well as local, state and federal laws.
Every new PLU student is required to complete online education modules that review the desired behavior for success in college.
- It will be available to access on August 14 and is required to be completed by the end of September.
- Instructions on how to complete the module and the due date will be sent to your PLU email from this sender: Pacific Lutheran University Students <administrator+96340D40-E61F-11EA-8DC9-51C3D5A0BEA2@safecolleges.com>
- Failure to complete the module will result in a hold being placed on your student account.
- You will need your PLU epass to complete this module.
Check Out These Additional as Needed Steps
From Arriving to Thriving: Supporting Your Transition to PLU!
Check out the additional links, videos, websites, and other resources below! Each box/topic includes helpful information to support your transition to PLU!
Active Bystandership & Consent (ABCs)
- Learn about PLU’s Advocacy Services
- Learn about PLU’s Center for Diversity, Justice, and Sustainability: Combatting gender-based oppression to enact positive social change
Wang Center: Study Away
- Watch Wang Center Welcome Video
- Learn about Global Education at PLU
- Learn about the Wang Center for Global and Community Engaged Education
Internships & Careers
- Visit the Alumni & Student Connections website to learn more about career services, mentoring programs, internships, and lifelong learning.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career & Internship advisor.
- Create a LuteLink account to get career advice from 1600+ alumni.
- Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associated Students of PLU
- Learn About Registering to Vote in Washington State
- Learn about Ranked Choice Voting
- Learn about Associated Students of PLU (PLU’s Student Government)
YouTube Playlist (Extended LUTE Welcome Content)
Would you rather watch the above content as a playlist? You can!
Check out the extended LUTE Welcome content (director’s cut) below.