How We Support the University
- Supports Co-Curricular Experiences through Event Services
- Supports Open Resource for Learning, Recreation & Rest through Conference Rentals, Event Services, and University Center Management
- Supports Services to students through Hospitality and Convenience Services a
- Supports Faculty Professional Organizations and External Constituencies through Conference Services
- Supports Community and Neighbor Relationships through Conference Services
- Non-Tuition Revenue Sources through Conference Services
- Public Space Appearances and Scheduling through Event Services and Campus Calendar
What We Do
Hospitality Services is a group of services that touches nearly 100% of the PLU community. It provides services and hospitality to the PLU community and its friends while supporting PLU’s fiscal goals with non-tuition revenue operations.
Conference & Event Services coordinates internal event logistics, maintains public meeting spaces, manages the Anderson University Center, provides summer housing to PLU students and rents venues, meeting services, and overnight lodging to external groups. Annual institutional events, which form the backbone of campus life, are prioritized amidst thousands of campus events. 6,000 meetings/events were held in FY 2015. Conferences brought 56,000 guests to campus in FY 2015. www.plu.edu/hospitality
Centralized Campus Calendar is campus’ class and event scheduling system. It publishes event and important announcement information to PLU’s homepage and department webpages. Campus Calendar is viewed an average of 10,970 times each month during academic year. www.plu.edu/calendar
Hospitality Services Accounting performs conference services billing and reconciles cash register transactions.
Plan the Perfect Event
Pacific Lutheran University hosts thousands of academic lectures, performances, conferences, and events each year. Whether you are attending an event or planning an event, Conference and Events Services offers a complete, professional, all-in-one service. Here at Conference and Events, we make it our business to give you the right space and resources to make your event a success.
Convenient & Beautiful Location
Offering a beautifully wooded and intimate campus environment with sweeping views of Mt. Rainier and in close proximity to the booming metropolises of Tacoma and Seattle, PLU is truly in the heart of the northwest. With a vast on-site venue selection and comfortable accommodations to host everything from intimate gatherings to large group functions, you’ll find PLU has it all. We welcome all types of events and meetings, retreats, family reunions, sports camps, community symposiums and business meetings. Our trained and dedicated crew is committed to providing world-class customer service and will be standing by, ready to respond to your every need. Contact us today to inquire about availability and pricing.