How We Support the University
- Advocate co-curricular experiences through event services
- Provide open resource for learning, recreation & rest through conference rentals, event services, and university center management
- Support faculty professional organizations and external constituencies through conference services
- Uphold community and neighbor relationships through conference services
- Provide non-tuition revenue sources through conference services
- Schedule public space use through event services and campus calendar
What We Do
Hospitality Services is a group of services that touches nearly 100% of the PLU community. We provide services and hospitality to the PLU community and its friends while supporting PLU’s fiscal goals with non-tuition revenue operations.
• coordinate internal event logistics
• maintain public meeting spaces
• manage the Anderson University Center
• provide summer housing to PLU students
• rent venues, meeting services and overnight lodging to external groups
Annual institutional events, which form the backbone of campus life, are prioritized amidst thousands of campus events.
6,000 meetings/events were held in 2015 and brought 56,000 guests to campus
Centralized Campus Calendar
The campus class and event scheduling system. It publishes event and important announcement information to PLU’s homepage and department webpages.
Campus Calendar is viewed an average of 10,970 times each month during academic year. www.plu.edu/calendar
Textbook Pick Up
Late Mail Drop
Pick-Up Guest Meal Tickets
Plan the Perfect Event
Pacific Lutheran University hosts thousands of academic lectures, performances, conferences, and events each year. Whether you are attending an event or planning an event, Hospitality Services offers a complete, professional, all-in-one service. We make it our business to give you the right space and resources to make your event a success.
Convenient & Beautiful Location
Offering a beautifully wooded and intimate campus environment with sweeping views of Mt. Rainier and in close proximity to the booming metropolises of Tacoma and Seattle, PLU is truly in the heart of the northwest. With a vast on-site venue selection and comfortable accommodations to host everything from intimate gatherings to large group functions, you’ll find PLU has it all. We welcome all types of events and meetings, retreats, family reunions, sports camps, community symposiums and business meetings. Our trained and dedicated crew is committed to providing world-class customer service and will be standing by, ready to respond to your every need. Contact us today to inquire about availability and pricing.
External Event Planning
Explore our venues, lodging, beautiful campus and let us help you plan the perfect event.Plan Your Event
Tell us about your PLU experience and see what others are saying!Please Sign our Guestbook
Internal Event Planning
Where PLU departments, groups and organizations get a perfectly planned event.Internal Event Planning