Yellow Ribbon Program/Post-9/11 G.I. Bill®

Pacific Lutheran University is proud to partner with the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to offer a number of full-tuition Yellow Ribbon Scholarships to qualified veterans or their dependents. PLU has rich history of working closely with the military community and is excited to provide greater access to private higher education through this important program.

Eligibility Requirements

Qualified Veterans must meet the following requirements to receive benefits under the Yellow Ribbon program:

  • You must be eligible for the maximum benefit rate under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®;
  • You served an aggregate period of active duty after September 10, 2001 of at least 36 months;
  • You were honorably discharged from active duty for a service connected disability and you served 30 continuous days after September 10, 2001.

If you are a dependent of a Veteran, you may be eligible for Transfer of Entitlement under the Post-9/11 GI Bill®, see the Transfer Post-9/11 GI Bill to Spouse and Dependents.

Yellow Ribbon benefits for qualified veterans/spouses/dependents will continue in subsequent years provided satisfactory academic progress as determined by PLU. There is no minimum number of credit hours required for participation.

More about the Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program:

The Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program is a component of the Post-9/11 Act of 2008. This partnership between the VA and PLU offers qualified veterans or their dependents full-tuition scholarships to enter either undergraduate or graduate programs at PLU.


For more information, please contact PLU’s Veterans Benefits Coordinator Neshell Henkel Chabot at 800-678-3243, 253-535-7161, or

Three easy steps to apply today!

Step 1: If eligible, students should apply for benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® with the Department of Veteran Affairs.

Step 2: Apply for admission to Pacific Lutheran University. The undergraduate application is free.

Step 3: Upon acceptance to PLU, forward your Certificate of Eligibility to the Office of Student Financial Services to be considered for the Yellow Ribbon Program.