Congratulations on your admission to PLU! We’re excited that you’re considering joining our community and becoming a Lute.
Below you’ll find next steps to take now that you’ve been admitted. Remember that at any point you can contact your Transfer Admission Counselor or the Admission Office at 253-535-7151 or email@example.com with questions.
Verify your credits transferred as expected
View PLU’s evaluation of your transferred credits online in your Curriculum, Advising and Program Planning (CAPP) Report on PLU’s student information system, Banner Web, but you must first set up your PLU ePass. Find ePass and Banner Web log-in instructions here. You can also take a look at our transfer guide, which will show you how your credits fulfill PLU’s general education requirements. If you have any questions, contact your PLU transfer admission counselor.
Set up your PLU ePass
The PLU ePass is your PLU student email account, as well as login to give you access to a wide range of resources such as PLU web pages, the Sakai Learning Management System, and network registration for your devices.
Paying for PLU
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible (international students are not eligible to submit the FAFSA).
- PLU’s FAFSA school code is 003785
- If you cannot complete the FAFSA (i.e. if an undocumented student), but are a Washington state resident, you can instead submit the WASFA.
- Once your Offer of Financial Aid has been mailed, you also have the option to view it online on your student account information (Banner Web). Banner Web log-in instructions can be found here.
- Review your financial aid offer with your PLU Transfer Admission Counselor, either over-the-phone or in a meeting with you and your family to answer questions regarding scholarships, grants, loans, work study, and payment options.
Are you using military benefits, including the Yellow Ribbon Scholarship, vocational rehabilitation, etc?
- Contact our Veterans Affairs Coordinator, Neshell Henkel Chabot, at 253-535-7161 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how to best use what’s available to you.
Are you an international transfer student?
Pay your Enrollment Deposit
Once you have been admitted to PLU, you may pay your $200 Enrollment Deposit to confirm your spot in the entering class of Spring 2020 or Fall 2020, secure your housing assignment (if living on-campus), and prepare for class registration. You can pay the Enrollment Deposit online at plu.edu/bealute. If you are using a military benefit to pay for college, this can be deferred. Please let us know if this is the case.
The final date to submit an Enrollment Deposit and request an advising appointment for a fall semester start is August 25th.
Complete your Online Payment Agreement
Before registering for classes, all students are required to complete an online payment agreement each academic year. The Online Payment Agreement is where you will select your payment option for the next academic year for any remaining balance after financial aid.
Schedule your Registration Appointment
New Transfer Student Registration dates for Spring 2020 will be announced soon. Transfer students register before any incoming first-year students. Once you have paid your Enrollment Deposit, signed up for your ePass, and completed the Online Payment Agreement, set up your registration appointment on the PLU New Transfer Student Registration website.
Other important steps to complete before starting at PLU:
- Submit a Medical History Record,
- Complete the Meningococcal Release Acknowledgment
- Make sure any final official transcripts are mailed to PLU
Most importantly, call us with questions – we are happy to help you figure out if PLU is right for you. Call the PLU Office of Admission at 253-535-7151 to set up a meeting.
Now that you’re officially a Lute, it’s time to look forward to New Student Orientation, and the start of your PLU experience!
New Lute Checklist
Do this first
- Pay your enrollment deposit
- If you haven’t visited campus, we encourage you to do so! Take a tour, sit in on a class, meet with your transfer admission counselor
- Apply to live on campus if needed
- You’ll find commuter resources here
- Activate your PLU email account
- Complete your annual online payment agreement
- Request your Transfer New Student Registration appointment
- Check your financial aid folder and complete the New Student Checklist
Between now and the beginning of the semester
- Complete the meningitis survey on Banner Self-Service and return your Medical History Record and New Student Information form
- Send any final official transcripts to: Registrar, PLU, Tacoma, WA 98447
- After registration, buy textbooks for your classes
- You’ll receive more information about New Student Orientation (check your PLU email)
- If applicable, contact Disability Support Services to start the documentation and accommodation process
- Athlete? Complete your NCAA Athletics Pre-Participation packet
- Have a car? Register your vehicle for parking
- You can start looking for student employment as soon as you are registered for classes
- Thinking about studying abroad/studying away? Start your planning!
- You’ll receive information about your academic advisor (check your PLU email)