Current Student Resources
Financial Aid Assistant Director specializing in Veterans Affairs, military benefits, and ROTC
Dependents of active duty military members using transferred post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits may be eligible for FREE tuition at PLU.
Purpose, Mission, and Affiliations
- To assist veterans as they transition from military to campus life, and to serve as an outreach mechanism between student veterans, school administrators and faculty, and the campus community.
- To ensure that veterans, active duty personnel, reservists and their families are receiving all the benefits entitled to them, and to ensure a contact to readjustment counseling should they feel the need.
- To provide for fellowship and camaraderie of like-minded individuals in order to create a network of students and successful alumni as a means to provide professional and leadership development.
- To create and promote a positive environment on campus that fosters academic success and encourages student veterans to achieve their personal academic goals, and to assist in removing obstacles to that success.
- To connect student veterans to resources, programs, scholarship opportunities and services available through outside (off campus) Veteran Service Organization (VSOs), as well as to facilitate communication and promote the special needs of veterans to on-campus services.
- PLU Student Veterans Association is affiliated with the national organization, Student Veterans of America (SVA). More information concerning this affiliation can be found in the PLU SVA bylaws.
- This club will abide by the stated objectives of Pacific Lutheran University as well as the rules and regulation established by the University and is responsible to University authorities.
Policies and Procedures
- PLU does not provide any commission, bonus, or other incentive payment based directly or indirectly on securing enrollments or federal financial aid (including Tuition Assistance funds) to any persons or entities engaged in any student recruiting, admission activities, or making decisions regarding the award of student financial assistance.
- PLU does not engage in high-pressure recruitment tactics such as making multiple unsolicited contacts (3 or more), including contacts by phone, email, or in-person, and engaging in same-day recruitment and registration for the purpose of securing Service member enrollments.
- Eligible Service members who decide to use Tuition Assistance (TA) cannot enroll at PLU until the Service member receives approval from an Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service. To provide such approval, the ESO must sign, date and submit the Tuition Assistance Approval Form to the Office of Student Financial Services via fax at 253-535-8406, ATTN: Director.