CHWS - Your bridge to medical and mental health services
Located on top floor of Anderson University Center (pictured), in suite 300
PLU Student Health Center
Located at the corner of 121st St. S. and Park Ave. S.
PLU Counseling, Health & Wellness Services
PLU Counseling, Health & Wellness Services (CHWS) provides integrated medical, mental health, and wellness care to enable optimal student overall well-being.
Health Center changes - EFFECTIVE June 15, 2020
In order to mitigate the potential spread of COVID-19, the Health Center will be functioning under the following summer schedule and with altered services, from June 16 through August 14:
On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we will be providing a mixture of phone visits and certain on-site face-to-face and nurse-only visits. All appointments will be made by phone. (253-535-7337) You may no longer walk into the clinic to schedule an appointment. If you are concerned about respiratory symptoms, please call to speak with a provider. This allows us to triage our patients and keep the clinic safe for staff, and patients scheduled for non-illness appointments.
All patients will be asked to wear a mask upon arriving in the Health Center. This further reduces the risk of asymptomatic transmission of COVID-19.
We will be postponing routine care, such as sports physicals, travel consults and pap smears until further notice. Refills will be done electronically, or in the clinic if you receive them from us. Please allow 72 hours for refills to be completed.
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and outside of normal clinic hours, we strongly encourage you to use Lute TeleHealth for urgent concerns. Additional medical resources are available on the PLU Coronavirus webpage.
Starting August 17, we will be open M-F, 8-5 with full services daily.
Counseling Center changes - EFFECTIVE MARCH 20, 2020, Updated June 29, 2020
Due to recent concerns about COVID-19 in Washington State, we are initiating measures of social distancing following health guidelines set by the Center for Disease Control and utilizing precautionary measures for health-related workplaces consistent with recommendations from the public health authority. We are limiting in-person contact as much as possible to help prevent contagion while still providing necessary support for students.
What this means:
1) The PLU Counseling Center staff and counselors are working remotely, until further notice. Availability of regular Center functions and/or responses may be limited.
Unfortunately, the Counseling Center is unable to see new clients at this time. We continue to monitor state mandated laws on social distancing and its impacts on our services, especially as we near Fall semester. Until then, please see Note below for options.
2) The PLU Counseling Center is on summer hours and will be closed the month of July – counselors and staff will not be available during this time. Please utilize Lute Telehealth for mental health assistance during office closures or contact the PLU Crisis Line for more urgent mental health needs (253-535-7075).
3) Counselors have transitioned to phone-only appointments with established clients. Services by PLU counselors will be available via telephone for students remaining in the State of Washington, per Washington State licensing regulations.
Previously established clients should email their counselor directly to schedule a 30-minute phone session. Counselor availability may be limited or shifting as we strive to ensure our administrators and staff are all caring well for themselves at this time.
For Scheduled Appointments:
- The counselor will reach out to the client via telephone at the scheduled time.
- As we are working remotely, the phone number calling you may not be a recognizable number or may say “number unavailable”, etc. Please answer any calls at the time of your appointment.
- Telephone sessions will be limited to 30 minutes.
- You will need to complete the Phone-Only Telehealth Informed Consent form and return it to your counselor via email. You need only do this once.
- Please contact your counselor via email as soon as possible if you need to cancel your appointment or have moved out-of-state.
4) All Walk-In Hours are cancelled until further notice. Please consider using Lute Telehealth as a resource.
NOTE: If you have returned to an out-of-state home, wish to set up a first-time appointment, or are having scheduling difficulty due to limited availability, please use our Lute Telehealth services to be connected to a new counselor or to seek consultation.
All students enrolled for the current semester may access Lute Telehealth services at any time (24/7/365). Lute Telehealth provides easy access to mental health services online or by telephone via on-demand and scheduled appointments. We encourage you to connect with this service as it fits for you. Listen to yourself and reach out when you need to – this includes if you are unable to reach your ongoing counselor in the interval that might work best for you.
We understand this is a challenging time and appreciate your understanding as we implement interim emergency workplace operations.
Click below and use the menu list to learn more about our mission and services.
After Hours Resources
Lute Telehealth: 24/7 medical and mental health services, when it’s not an emergency but you need support – anytime, anywhere.
Urgent mental health support after business hours (including weekends and holidays), contact the Counseling Center Crisis Line at 253-535-7075.
Urgent medical advice after business hours, contact the MultiCare Consulting Nurse Line at 253-792-6410.
For additional community resources, visit Urgent/Emergency Resources.