Getting to PLU
PLU is located seven miles south of downtown Tacoma, Washington, at the intersection of Garfield Street S. and Park Avenue S.
If you are visiting campus as part of a scheduled admission event, a visitors parking pass will accompany the information emailed to you. Follow the directions below and park in the Mortvedt Library Parking Lot. Should you need a new parking pass, let our Welcome Center hosts know and one will be printed for you.
From Interstate 5 (North or South)
- Take exit 127 off Interstate 5 and head east on Highway 512
- Continue on 512 for approximately two miles
- Take the WA-7/Pacific Ave exit.
- Turn right on Pacific Avenue S.
- Turn right on Garfield St.
- Turn right on Park Ave.
- Turn right on Wheeler St. S.
- Turn right into the first parking lot entrance
- Admission Guest parking spaces are in the front row facing Park Ave. You may also park in any available spot.
The Welcome Center is located in the Hauge Administration Building. Walk across Park Ave, then past the side of the library. The main doors of the Hauge Administration Building will be on your right. The Welcome Center is just across from the main entrance, behind the building’s elevator.
Please bring the visitors parking pass you received in your confirmation email. Our front desk visit coordinators can provide you with one if necessary.
Need help getting to our campus using public transit? Learn more here .