Mission: PLU seeks to educate students for lives of thoughtful inquiry, service, leadership and care – for other people, for their communities and for the earth.
Total: 3,462 Undergraduate: 3,142 Graduate: 320
- 62 percent female, 38 percent male
- 39 percent live in campus residence halls
- 23 percent are students of color
- 76 percent are from Washington state
- 16 percent are age 25 and older
- 19 percent are Lutheran
- 5 percent are international students representing 26 countries
President: Thomas W. Krise is PLU’s 13th president.
Faculty: 218 full-time, 59 part-time
Student/Faculty Ratio: 14:1
Tuition & Fees: $34,740
Room & Meals: $10,100
Total cost: $44,840
Annual Budget: $112 million
Endowment Value: $74.7 million
Total grants and gifts received 2011-2012: $7.6 million
Financial Aid: PLU administers over $87 million in financial aid from all sources and commits more than $40 million in grants and scholarships to students each year. Ninety-seven percent of all students receive financial assistance from at least one source.