Mission: PLU seeks to educate students for lives of thoughtful inquiry, service, leadership and care – for other people, for their communities and for the earth.
Total: 3,461 Undergraduate: 3,195 Graduate: 266
- 62 percent female, 38 percent male
- 49 percent live in campus residence halls
- 21 percent are students of color
- 74 percent are from Washington state
- 15 percent are age 25 and older
- 23 percent are Lutheran
- 4 percent are international students representing 24 countries
President: Thomas W. Krise is PLU’s 13th president.
Faculty: 246 full-time, 37 part-time
Student/Faculty Ratio: 15:1
Tuition & Fees: $30,950
Room & Meals: $9,250
Total cost: $40,200
Annual Budget: $112 million
Endowment Value: $74.7 million
Total grants and gifts received 2010-2011: $25.4 million
Financial Aid: PLU administers nearly $83 million in financial aid from all sources and commits more than $40 million in grants and scholarships to students each year. Ninety-seven percent of all students receive financial assistance from at least one source.