Congratulations on your decision to return to PLU! We look forward to assisting you in your return!
If you have never attended PLU or if your last date of attendance was more than six years, you are required to re-apply through the Office of Admission.
If your last date of attendance was six years or less, you are required to re-enter through the Student Services Center (last semester in attendance includes either Fall or Spring semester. Not J-Term or Summer).
To Do List
- Re-Entry Form
This form needs to be submitted to Student Services Center (SSVC). The form is available on SSVC’s website under the document and forms section. To expedite the process, please fax completed form to: 1(253)538-2545 OR scan and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not forget to mail the original form to SSVC center. The address is: SSVC, PLU, Tacoma, WA 98447 USA. After submitting your Re-Entry Application to Student Services Center, please email or fax a copy to International Student Services at PLU.
- International Student Declaration of Finance Form
This form needs to be submitted to International Student Services (ISS). The form is available on ISS’s website under document and forms section. The completed form can be faxed to: 1(253)538-7483 or scan and emailed to: email@example.com. Please do not forget to attach an official letter from a bank including a current balance of an account.
Note: If this form has been submitted to PLU within the last 12 months, there is no need to submit this form again.
- Online Initial I-20 Request Form
This form needs to be submitted if a student currently does not have an active SEVIS record. The form is available on ISS’s website under document and forms section. Please do not forget to attach a copy of ID page of passport and most recent visa page.
- Transfer In Form
This form needs to be submitted if a student currently has an active SEVIS record at another US institution. This form needs to be submitted to International Student Services. The form is available on ISS’s website under document and forms section. The completed form can be faxed to: 1(253)538-7483 or scan and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not forget to attach a copy of ID page of passport and most recent visa page. Please communicate with your International Student Advisor to ensure timely transfer of your SEVIS record to PLU.
Renewal of Student Visa needs to be considered if a student is already or will be outside of the U.S. before returning to PLU.
- Initial Status I-20: this is when a student is issued a new I-20 with a new SEVIS ID number different from prior one. In this case, SEVIS I-901 fee needs to be paid. ISS also recommends the student to get a new visa even if the most recent visa has not expired. According to F-1 student regulations, for initial status I-20, the name of institution and SEVIS ID number need to match that of “Annotation” section of most recent visa. Please consult with local US embassy or consulate.
- Transfer Pending I-20: this is when a student is getting a new I-20 with the same SEVIS ID number as prior one. In this case, there is no need to pay SEVIS I-901 fee. There is no need to renew visa unless current visa is or will be expired by the time the student plans to seek re-admission to the U.S.
To learn more about visa renewal, please visit the Student Visa page on the ISS website.
On Campus Housing
It is important to inquire about on-campus housing arrangements as soon as a student makes a decision to return to PLU. If the student is interested in on-campus housing, please email Residential Life at: email@example.com.
It is also important to inquire about class registration as soon as a student makes a decision to return to PLU. If the student knows the contact information of their academic advisor, please email the academic advisor directly. Otherwise, please contact Academic Advising Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to ISS
Returning students are required to report to International Student Services in the lower level of the University Center no later than the first day of class. Failure to report will cause a termination of your SEVIS Record.
All students are welcome to join International Student Orientation. Although the program is not required for returning students, it may be a good idea to join this program if students have been away from PLU for a long period of time. It is also a good way to meet other students. To learn more, please visit New Student Orientation page.
We look forward to seeing you on campus! If you have any questions about the process, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
- Heather Jacobson at email@example.com can help you with questions about immigration and re-entry requirements. She can also help you with questions about orientation activities, and what need to prepare before traveling to the U.S.