I-94 Arrival/Departure Record
Retrieve I-94 ASAP
It is important to retrieve your I-94 as soon as you return to the U.S. from international travel. You will be asked to provide I-94 number when applying for an Optional Practical Training benefit or at some other occasions.
Trouble retrieving your I-94 number? Please contact ISS immediately!
How to Retrieve I-94
Get your passport and printer ready! Go to www.cbp.gov/i94 and enter following info:
- Family Name
- First Name
- Birth Date
- Passport Number
- Country of Issuance (This is your country of citizenship. It is NOT necessarily the country where your passport was issued)
Submit Print Out of I-94 to ISS
Please drop off or email ISS the print out of your I-94 (an example shown below). ISS can keep a copy in your student file just in case you lose your passport. Students who lost their passports were so glad that ISS had a copy!
If you notice that Customs and Border Protection (CBP) made an error with your I-94 entry record (misspelled name, incorrect date of entry, incorrect date of birth, incorrect class of admission, etc.), it may be necessary to have your I-94 corrected.
To request an I-94 correction, please follow these steps:
- Make electronic copies of the following documents:
- Your passport bio page
- Your visa page in your passport
- The entry stamp in your passport
- Your PLU I-20 or DS-2019
- Email documents and explanatory statement to CBP’s Seattle Deferred Inspection Site at email@example.com
- Explain what information is incorrect or missing, and mention which documents you’ve attached to the email in support of your correction request
- Wait for a confirmation email: It can take several weeks to receive a response from CBP.