Travel Options from SeaTac Airport
PLU airport shuttle service:
PLU is arranging airport pick-up with a PLU-operated van for new incoming international students from SeaTac Airport. This free shuttle service is available on Monday, February 3rd (for Spring entry) and will be offered from about 10:00am to 7:00pm. When possible, we will align shuttle trips with students’ expected arrival times.
In order for PLU to prepare this airport pick-up service, please complete this online form with your arrival information and flight details by January 15 (for Spring) and August 1 (for Fall).
Please take note of the following terms and conditions:
- With the PLU airport pick-up, the limit is 2 pieces of luggage per person and 2 carry-ons.
- International Orientation starts Tuesday, February 4th for Spring & Wednesday, September 2nd for Fall. On-campus housing move-in day is Monday, February 3rd for Spring & Tuesday, September 1st for Fall. Airport pick-up will be available for Monday, February 3rd (Spring entry) and Tuesday, September 1st (Fall entry) only. If you arrive before or after this date, you can arrange your own transportation with Capital Aeroporter.
- Shuttle service is from SeaTac Airport only.
- You will be dropped off at Harstad Hall (Campus Safety Office). Campus Safety will call one of our International Peer Advisors, who will guide you to your residence hall. A map of PLU’s campus is available here.
- Please email Heather Jacobson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any changes to your itinerary.
- With the PLU-operated airport shuttle, you may be asked to wait for an hour or more so that multiple students can be transported in one shuttle. If you prefer a shorter waiting time, you can arrange your own transportation to PLU with Capital Aeroporter. Please be advised that you may still be required to wait 30-45 minutes for your Capital Aeroporter shuttle.
Please note that this service does not apply to current international students returning for the semester or re-entry students. If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Arrange your own transportation:
If you choose not to use the PLU-operated airport pick-up and instead choose to arrange your own transportation to PLU, we recommend Capital Aeroporter. With Capital Aeroporter, there will not be someone waiting for you at baggage claim. Instead, you need to check-in with Capital Aeroporter at the Transportation Plaza near the parking garage (follow signs for Door To Door Vans). Please ask Capital Aeroporter to drop you off at Harstad Hall. The cost is approximately $35. Please refer to this website for more information.