Travel Options from SeaTac Airport
PLU airport shuttle service:
PLU is arranging airport pick-up with a PLU-operated van for new incoming international students from SeaTac Airport. This free shuttle service is available on Sunday, February 4th (for Spring entry) and will be offered from about 10:00am to 7:00pm. When possible, we will align shuttle trips with students’ expected arrival times.
In order for PLU to prepare this airport pick-up service, please complete this online form with your arrival information and flight details by August 1 (for Fall) and January 15 (for Spring).
Please take note of the following terms and conditions:
- With the PLU airport pick-up, the limit is 2 pieces of luggage per person and 2 carry-ons.
- International Orientation starts Monday, February 5th for Spring & Wednesday, August 30th for Fall. On-campus housing move-in day is Sunday, February 4th for Spring & Tuesday, August 29th for Fall. Airport pick-up will be available for Sunday, February 4th (Spring entry) and Tuesday, August 29th (Fall entry) only. If you arrive before or after this date, you can arrange your own transportation with Capital Aeroporter.
- Shuttle service is from SeaTac Airport only.
- You will be dropped off at Harstad Hall (Campus Safety Office). Campus Safety will call one of our International Peer Advisors, who will guide you to your residence hall. A map of PLU’s campus is available here.
- Please email Heather Jacobson (email@example.com) with any changes to your itinerary.
- With the PLU-operated airport shuttle, you may be asked to wait for an hour or more so that multiple students can be transported in one shuttle. If you prefer a shorter waiting time, you can arrange your own transportation to PLU with Capital Aeroporter. Please be advised that you may still be required to wait 30-45 minutes for your Capital Aeroporter shuttle.
Please note that this service does not apply to current international students returning for the semester or re-entry students. If you have any questions, please let us know. We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Arrange your own transportation:
If you choose not to use the PLU-operated airport pick-up and instead choose to arrange your own transportation to PLU, we recommend Capital Aeroporter. With Capital Aeroporter, there will not be someone waiting for you at baggage claim. Instead, you need to check-in with the Capital Aeroporter near baggage claim. Please ask Capital Aeroporter to drop you off at Harstad Hall. The cost is approximately $35. Please refer to this website for more information.