School of Business
Management & Human Resources
What is Management & Human Resources?
The Management & Human Resources concentration prepares students for entry level management positions and the opportunity to specialize in human resources. The focus is on organizing and managing human effort within organizations. Understanding how people, individually and collectively, contribute to the success of an existing business, non-profit, governmental agency or new enterprise is vital for the organization’s success.
What can I do with Management & Human Resources?
A concentration in Management & Human Resources gives students a broad overview of the concepts, principles and processes to effectively manage in organizations. Students learn practical tools for interacting with others and leading in today’s global environment. The track for human resource professionals is BUSA 342, 440, 442, 449, and ECON 321.
Why Management & Human Resources at Pacific Lutheran University?
A graduate of Pacific Lutheran University with a concentration in Management & Human Resources is prepared for entry level management position in a wide variety of organizations. PLU graduates of this discipline will also be equipped to make ethical decisions, think critically, understand the disciplinary foundations of organizations, be effective communicators, work and/or lead a successful team and appreciate global perspectives.
For more information about this concentration, please contact Prof. Gibson or Prof. Pratt.
Management and Human Resources – 16 semester hours
- BUSA 342: Managing Human Resources (4)
And 12 semester hours from the following (at least eight semester hours from BUSA):
- BUSA 340: Non-Profit Management (4)
- BUSA 352: Global Management (4)
- BUSA 358: Entrepreneurship (4)
- BUSA 440: Knowledge Management (4)
- BUSA 442: Leading Organizational Improvement (4)
- BUSA 449: Strategic Human Resource Management (4)
- ECON 321: Labor Economics (4)
- Internship highly recommended but does not apply to the concentration
- Recommended track for human resources professional includes 342, 440, 442, 449 and Econ 321