- Get Involved with the SCCFind out how you can support the SCC through membership, volunteering and endowment.
- Upcoming EventsCheck out the SCC's Spring 2016 Calendar to find out what events and programs are coming up.
- About the Scandinavian Cultural CenterLearn about PLU's Scandinavian heritage and the history of the SCC.
- Upcoming ClassesWe offer a variety of classes. Become a member today to get on our mailing list!
- Nordic Explorers ExhibitionNow open “Beyond the Horizon: The Legacy of Nordic Explorers” exhibition
The Scandinavian Cultural Center is dedicated to increasing and sharing knowledge of Scandinavian history and culture with the wider community of the Tacoma and South Puget Sound area. We actively engage with the history and culture of Scandinavia through special events, exhibitions, and programs, in partnership with the many Scandinavian heritage organizations in the area, PLU faculty, and students.
The Center is located at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma Washington, in recognition of the University’s Nordic heritage.
The Center is open to the public three days a week with a few exceptions. Admission is free and everyone is welcome!
We also welcome new members as a great way to stay up to date with our events and to become involved in our programming.
“Beyond the Horizon: The Legacy of Nordic Explorers” exhibit looks at how the spirit of exploration that inspired the Vikings, Roald Amundsen, Fridtjof Nansen, and Thor Heyerdahl continues to push people today beyond the horizon. Free admission to this inspirational exhibition.Learn more about the Exhibit