- Get Involved with the SCCFind out how you can support the SCC through membership, volunteering and endowment.
- Upcoming EventsCheck out the SCC's Spring 2017 Calendar to find out what events and programs are coming up.
- About the Scandinavian Cultural CenterLearn about PLU's Scandinavian heritage and the history of the SCC.
- Upcoming ClassesWe offer a variety of classes. Become a member today to get on our mailing list!
- Nordic Explorers ExhibitionNow open “Beyond the Horizon: The Legacy of Nordic Explorers” exhibition
The Scandinavian Cultural Center is dedicated to increasing and sharing knowledge of Scandinavian history and culture with the wider community of the Tacoma and South Puget Sound area. We actively engage with the history and culture of Scandinavia through special events, exhibitions, and programs, in partnership with the many Scandinavian heritage organizations in the area, PLU faculty, and students.
The Center is located at Pacific Lutheran University in Tacoma Washington, in recognition of the University’s Nordic heritage.
The Center is open to the public three days a week with a few exceptions. Admission is free and everyone is welcome!
We also welcome new members as a great way to stay up to date with our events and to become involved in our programming.
Lutheran Education on the Frontier
In celebration of the 500 year anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation, this exhibition focuses on the impact Martin Luther had on education by insisting on questioning the status quo. Come see PLU's own 500 year old painting of Luther, taken out of the vault for this temporary exhibition.Learn more about the Exhibit