Highlights of the PLU Wellness Access Plan
The PLU Wellness Access Plan (WAP) provides resources to support the wellbeing of PLU undergraduate students and includes coverage for:
- Primary medical care services with same-day appointments frequently available through PLU’s Health Center. There is no charge for an office visit, so there is no need for an insurance card or co-pay.
- Physical examinations for athletics, travel, and employment, all at no charge.
- Reimbursement for health insurance deductibles and copays up to $1000 per diagnosis.
- Seasonal flu vaccine available through campus flu clinics at no additional charge.
- 24/7/365 access to mental health services and medical services for all PLU students (including graduate students) through Lute Telehealth.
- Fitness Center access and programs and resources for campus and outdoor recreation.
- Health and wellness education opportunities, including nutritional workshops and individual consultation with a licensed nutritionist, at no additional charge.
Wellness Access Plan resources are offered beginning on August 15th of each year and are valid for the following 12 months, provided a student is enrolled in both the fall and spring semesters. The WAP fee is $275 per semester. All domestic undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in the Wellness Access Plan, and this fee cannot be waived. As the WAP functions as a complement to, rather than a substitute for, a health insurance plan, students are urged to carry their own health insurance coverage in addition to this plan.