Parking at PLU
All students, staff and faculty wishing to drive to campus and park in university lots must obtain a parking decal. Due to space limitations, only one decal may be issued to each campus community member regardless of the number of vehicles registered. The decal must be displayed on the lower corner of the driver's side of the windshield. Only the decal for the current year may be displayed. Previous decals must be removed. Parking space is limited so parking regulations are strictly enforced.
Vehicle Registration Information
Registration begins during the summer before the start of the school year. The decals are valid through August 31st of the latest year displayed on the decal. Please do not discard your decal until you have picked up your newest decal. Vehicle registration is completed on-line. The decal will be ready for pick up within 3 business days at the Campus Safety office. Decals can not be mailed and must be picked up in person.
Temporary One-Day Parking passes are available at the Campus Safety office for visitors and PLU community members if you forget your parking decal.
The type of parking decal will determine the campus parking lots available to you. Your status at PLU will determine the type of decal you need to register for.
- Freshman Resident: Students with freshman status who are living on campus.
- Resident: Students with other than freshman status living on campus.
- Commuter: Students commuting to campus from home regardless of class standing.
- Faculty/Admin/Staff: Employees of PLU
All parking lots have university signs located at the entrance to identify which decals the lot is open to.
Parking in the Tingelstad Gated Lot on lower campus is open to all students for an additional fee. Residents of South Hall may also purchase a designated space in the hall's lot for the year for an additional fee. These decals do not allow the owner to park in any other lots.
2014 - 2015 current rates:
- Faculty/Admin/Staff: No Cost. *Employees are eligible to purchase a second decal for the cost of $60.
- Students (includes Resident Freshman, Resident students and Commuters): $50 annually
- South Hall gated lot (South Hall residents only): Total $130 year / $95 half year
- Tingelstad gated lot (open to all students): Total $190 year / $140 half year
*Only one decal can be used at a time. Employees are not allowed to share the second decal or bring two cars to campus at one time. The purpose of the second decal is to provide the option of having a decal on two cars so you do not have to transfer decals from car to car. Violations of this rule may result in a ticket for Improper Display or Use of Decal ($30).