Master of Arts in Education: Alternative Routes to Certification
Graduate College of Professional Studies
The Alternative Routes to Certification (ARC) program is a special pathway for career changers from high needs fields (such as math and science) or individuals with prior experience in schools such as paraeducators, substitutes, or conditionally certified teachers. After completing the certification, students can choose to continue in the program and complete additional credits for the MAE degree in three years.
Areas of Specialization:
- Alternative Routes to Certification
- One year or less for certification with an option to finish the master’s degree with less than a year of additional coursework.
- Cohort model with personalized support from faculty and staff to ensure each student is developing the skills to become an effective teacher and role model.
- Flexible schedule provides face to face, online, and hybrid courses at nights and on weekends so students are able to work while finishing the degree.
- Close, collaborative partnerships to support candidates with ARC partner districts including Bethel, Clover Park, Franklin Pierce, and Puyallup.
- Full time internship or employment in a school with coursework weekends and online.
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started