Master of Arts in Education: 1-Year Teaching Certificate
Graduate School of Education and Kinesiology
This is a one-year teaching certification program. It prepares service-minded graduates from a diverse range of undergraduate disciplines to become highly effective teachers. It offers a supportive cohort model, includes a full-year internship experience, extensive financial aid and a high job-placement rate.
The most distinctive feature is the total time students spend teaching in K-12 schools. With the help of cooperating teachers and university supervisors, students complete year-long internships in one school. During their internships, students take on increasing teaching responsibilities from September through January, and then begin student teaching full-time in February.
Areas of Specialization:
- One-year Teaching Certification
- Field experience – Students spend a full year internship with more than 800 hours in placements based on their endorsement area and where they would like to teach.
- Experienced faculty – All full-time faculty have K-12 experience.
- Cohort model – Each cohort has between 25-30 students, taking the same classes together in active, interactive and dynamic setting with personalized and face-to-face support.
- School partnerships – Close, collaborative partnerships with more than 10 school districts throughout the Puget Sound region.
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started