Data Analytics Certificate
This TechMaster Certificate Program is specifically designed to provide you with the advanced-level skills and practical experience employers are looking for. However, it will also help you to develop key career skills to improve your interview technique, expectation management, resume writing, and profile building. And you’ll get valuable opportunities to earn certifications with IBM and Microsoft.
As you work through the modules, your data analytics knowledge will build from the fundamentals to a job-ready level of understanding. You will regularly test your skills, getting hands-on practice with official Microsoft and IBM labs. You’ll also complete eight platform-specific projects and one industry-oriented capstone project. Each project will allow you to deepen your understanding and apply your new skills to a real-world challenge.
The target candidate for this course is the individual looking to gain a better understanding of Data Analytics. These skills are critical across every stage of career advancement, from college graduates looking to land their first career job, to an experienced developer looking to increase their cloud architecture skills. This program is ideal for:
- Working tech professionals with a few years of experience in IT.
- Recent graduates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or a related subject.
- Data Analytics professionals looking to gain platform-specific knowledge to advance their careers.
- Tech-savvy individuals looking to switch to a career in Data Analytics.
Industry Recognized Certifications
Once you have successfully completed this program, you will be awarded your TechMaster Certificate confirming you have the job-ready skills, knowledge, and practical experience employers need. The competencies you gain will also make a valuable addition to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- 1 x SkillUp Online TechMaster Certificate
- 1 x Certificate of Completion with from Pacific Lutheran University’s (PLU) Continuing Education
- 3 PLU Continuing Education credits with official PLU transcript
- 8 x IBM Certificates
- Mapping to 2 x industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
This program will prepare you for taking 4 key Microsoft certifications. In addition, you will earn 8 IBM certifications.
The Microsoft exams are not built into the courses but must be taken externally through Pearson Vue and Google Cloud, respectively.
The IBM certifications are issued upon completion of the IBM sponsored courses.
Upon completion of the program, you will develop the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understand and apply statistical concepts and methods and know how to apply them to data analysis and modeling.
- Develop advanced skills in Microsoft Excel for data analysis, manipulation, and visualization.
- Be proficient in Python for data analysis, manipulation, visualization, and predictive analytics.
- Develop the ability to query and manage large datasets using SQL core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics.
- Identify foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
- Analyze data and create interactive visualizations using a user friendly interface.
- Analyze machine-generated data and gain insights into operational performance and security issues.
- Use storytelling with data and be able to communicate insights effectively to stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Develop practical experience of working with real-world datasets and using industry standard tools and technologies.
Prerequisites/Technical Requirements Recommended
- High school level math
- Basic computer literacy
- Familiarity with Excel
- Familiarity with any programming language
- Basic knowledge of spreadsheets and data analysis
This is a hybrid program that combines self-paced learning and Mentor-lead synchronous sessions. In addition, the program will include:
- Discussion space
- 110 Hours virtual instructor-led
- 80 Hours self-paced
- 60 hours hands-on labs
- 8 Course aligned projects
- 16 Hours human skills
- 1-on-1 mentoring
- 1 Final capstone project
- Career Guidance
- Duration: 9 months
- Synchronous, live lectures
- Moderated: discussions
- Format: Online lecture and moderated discussion and self-paced activities