This 11-month TechMaster Certificate Program provides data science and AI certifications that open the door to exciting opportunities in these fast-moving fields. The curriculum is designed to give you the industry-specific technical skills, critical soft skills, and platform-specific certifications employers are looking for.
Once you’ve completed the program, you will have significant practical experience to reference in job interviews and showcase on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
As you work through the program, your knowledge will build from a fundamental base to the advanced level of understanding employers need. You will also have the opportunity to earn data science and AI certifications from our industry partners, IBM and Microsoft. And you will complete a valuable progressive capstone project that will evidence the practical skills you have learned.
The target candidate for this course is the individual looking to gain a better understanding of data science and AI. These skills are critical across every stage of career advancement, from college graduates looking to land their first career job, to an experienced developer looking to increase their cloud architecture skills. This program is ideal for:
- Working tech professionals with a few years of experience in IT.
- Recent graduates with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information technology, or a related subject.
- Cloud computing professionals looking to gain platform-specific knowledge to advance their careers.
- Tech-savvy individuals looking to switch to a career in AI and Data Science.
$500.00 discounts available:
Early Bird Registrations before 9/21/23 Use Promo Code TMEBR
Groups of 3 or more from the same organization, contact email@example.com for promo code
Industry Recognized Certifications
Once you have successfully completed this program, you will be awarded your TechMaster Certificate confirming you have the job-ready skills, knowledge, and practical experience employers need. The competencies you gain will also make a valuable addition to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- 1 x SkillUp Online TechMaster Certificate
- 1 x Certificate of Completion with from Pacific Lutheran University’s (PLU) Continuing Education
- 4 PLU Continuing Education credits with official PLU transcript
- Skill development and mapping to 4 industry-recognized Microsoft certifications
- Skill development and mapping 8 IBM certifications
This program will prepare you for taking 4 key Microsoft certifications. In addition, you will earn 8 IBM certifications.
The Microsoft exams are not built into the courses, but must be taken externally through Pearson Vue and Google Cloud, respectively.
The IBM certifications are issued upon completion of the IBM sponsored courses.
ALL FOR $3,000!
Upon completion of the program, you will develop the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Perform data analysis: data collection, extraction, query, cleaning, and aggregation.
- Utilize SQL and Git: gather, store, and organize data.
- Perform visual and statistical analysis on data.
- Build and implement machine learning models and algorithms.
- Gain insights from data using question, modeling, and validation problem-solving processes.
- Code in YARN, Hadoop, MapReduce.
- Use TensorFlow for curvefitting, regression, classification, and the minimization of errors.
- Apply TensorFlow for backpropagation to tune weights and biases while neural networks are being trained.
- Understand deep architecture: convolutional networks, recurrent networks, and autoencoders.
- Understand key concepts in Azure: cloud concepts, Azure services, Azure workloads, security, pricing, support, and privacy in Azure.
- Understand key concepts in Azure AI: computer vision, natural language processing, knowledge mining, Azure Cognitive Services, Microsoft Bot Framework, and conversational AI solutions.
- Operate machine learning solutions at cloud scale using Azure Machine Learning.
- Use Python for machine learning in Microsoft Azure.
- Use Azure Databricks.
- Integrate Databricks machine learning processes with Azure Machine Learning.
- Use PowerBI: modeling, visualizing, and analyzing data.
Prerequisites/Technical Requirements Recommended
- Knowledge of the basics of operating systems
- Understanding of basic computer networking concepts
- Familiarity with databases
- Functional knowledge of different programming languages such as Python.
This is a hybrid program that combines self-paced learning and Mentor-lead synchronous sessions. In addition, the program will include:
- Discussion space
- 177 Hours virtual instructor-led
- 250 Hours self-paced
- 119 hours hands-on labs
- 16 Hours human skills
- 1-on-1 mentoring
- 4 Projects
- 1 Final capstone project
- Career services
- Start Date: October 6th, 2023
- Fridays and Saturdays, 8:30 am – 9:30 am Pacific Time (a complete program schedule will be issued the first day of class)
- Duration: 11 months
- Synchronous, live lectures
- Moderated: discussions
- Format: Online lecture and moderated discussion and self-paced activities