Are you a drilling reservist or guardsman in the U.S. Army Reserve or National Guard?
Have you considered becoming an officer?
PLU Army ROTC is a great way to continue drilling with your unit, while completing your degree and becoming an officer!
Benefits Of Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP)
Guard/Reserve Eligibility for a 2, 3, or 4 year Scholarship require the following:
• Automatic Promotion to E-5 (SGT)
• Drill as a Cadet, shadowing other officers
• $1,200/year book allowance
• Monthly living allowance of up to $500/year
• You can attend any of our affiliated schools
- Pacific Lutheran University - Apply HERE
- Saint Martin's University - Apply HERE
- University of Puget Sound - Apply HERE
- University of Washington Tacoma - Apply HERE
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Must be a drilling reservist or be willing to enlistyounger than 31 when commissioned
• Must be at least a sophomore in college to start SMP
• Must graduate before turning 31 in order to receive a scholarship (non-scholarship waiverable to 32 and elible for Tuition Assistance)
• Pass the Department of Defense physical examination (DoDMERB)
• Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)
• Have a minimum GPA of 2.5*
• Cannot be a conscientious objector
*Minimum requirement. Higher scores will increase competitiveness.
QUESTIONS ABOUT KEEPING YOUR BONUS?
If you're interested in ROTC and want to learn more, call the Scholarship and Enrollment Officer at 253-535-8740 or email at email@example.com.