Are you a drilling reservist or guardsman in the U.S. Army Reserve or National Guard? Have you considered becoming an officer?
PLU Army ROTC is a great way to continue drilling with your unit, while completing your degree and becoming an officer!
Benefits Of Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) on a 2, 3, or 4 year scholarship
- 100% tuition and fees
- Automatic promotion to E-5 (SGT)
- Drill as a cadet, shadowing other officers
- $1,200/year book allowance
- Monthly ROTC stipend up to $500 a month
- Employer Partnership Initiative
- You can attend any of our affiliated school
-Pacific Lutheran University – Apply HERE
-University of Washington-Tacoma – Apply HERE
Note: PLU grants free Room & Board to all scholarship cadets
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be a drilling reservist or be willing to enlist
- Must be at least a sophomore in college to start SMP
- Must graduate before turning 31 in order to receive a scholarship (non-scholarship waiverable to 32 & eligible for Tuition Assistance)
- Pass the Department of Defense physical exam (DoDMERB)
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5*
- Cannot be a conscientious objector
- Must be willing to serve 8 years in the National Guard or Reserves upon commissioning
*Minimum requirement. Higher scores will increase competitiveness.
Note: Non-scholarship SMP is a viable option for those who do not meet the scholarship eligibility requirements, or for those who want to compete for Active Duty.