Known internationally for having diverse academic programs and personal interaction with professors, PLU has more than 3,500 students and 250 faculty (a 14:1 ratio). Each year more than 150 international students come to PLU to continue their study. At PLU, fellow students become both friends and collaborators; professors become both teachers and mentors.
To complete your international application, complete each of the following items, if you have questions you may contact the PLU Office of Admission online or by calling us at 1-253-535-7151.
- Fill out the application
- Submit an essay
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Send official transcripts translated to English from all schools you've attended (upper secondary and any schools you are currently attending)
- Pay the $40(U.S.) application fee (If you apply online, the application fee is waived.)
- Complete the Declaration of Finances form (see Documents and Forms)
- TOEFL or IELTS or PTE scores if your first language is other than English
- Copy of your passport photopage
Application for English language support
If you wish to enroll but do not have the required English proficiency score (TOEFL, IELTS or PTE), you may be conditionally admitted (a satisfactory completion of ESL study will replace an English proficiency score).
Admission Priority Date
- May 1 for the fall semester
- December 1 for the spring semester
Admission review will be guaranteed for a qualified student until the Admission Priority Date. After the Admission Priority Date, applications may be accepted. However, all applications will be reviewed on a rolling (as needed) basis and admission may be closed anytime without notice as we accept the maximum number of students for any given term.
You can afford PLU! Competitive and comprehensive financial aid packages are available for international students. Visit the scholarships and grants page to learn more.
International Student Expenses*
- Tuition: US $36,180
- Room and Meals: US $10,230
Financial guarantee (bank statement) in the amount of US $50,858 is required if no scholarship is provided by PLU upon admission.
*Estimate. Subject to change without notice.