Workshops and Festivals
Every year, Pacific Lutheran University’s Department of Music hosts a variety of workshops and festivals. Many of these events bring high school students from Washington, Idaho and Oregon to the PLU campus. Members of the community have an opportunity to attend workshops and / or simply attend the beautiful performances these workshops provide. These workshops and festivals feature guest clinicians and PLU faculty clinicians and cover a wide variety of topics.
The tentative 2015-2015 workshop and festival schedule is:
- Summer Opera Workshop, James Brown, Director / July 8-12, 2014 (By audition only) / July 13-20. 2014
- Fully furnished traditional and apartment style housing options are available for this event. Rooms are available June 1st through August 15th.
- University Symphony Orchestra Invitational, Jeffrey Bell-Hanson, Director / October 18, 2014
- Mens’ Chorus Symposium, Richard Nance, Director / November 1, 2014
- Choral Invitational, Richard Nance, Director / February 19-20, 2015
- Guitar Festival, Elizabeth C.D. Brown, Director / February 28, 2015