Workshops and Festivals
Every year, Pacific Lutheran University’s Department of Music hosts a variety of workshops and festivals. Many of these events bring high school students from Washington, Idaho and Oregon to the PLU campus. Members of the community have an opportunity to attend workshops and / or simply attend the beautiful performances these workshops provide. These workshops and festivals feature guest clinicians and PLU faculty clinicians and cover a wide variety of topics.
The tentative 2015-2016 workshop and festival schedule is:
- Summer Opera Workshop, 5th Year Anniversary, James Brown, Director / July 20-August 2, 2015 (By audition only) / July 23-August 2, 2015
- Fully furnished traditional and apartment style housing options are available for this event. Rooms are available June 1st through August 15th.
- Chamber Choral Festival, Brian Galante, Director / February 5, 2016
- Choral Invitational, Richard Nance, Director / February 25-26, 2016
- Guitar Festival, Elizabeth C.D. Brown, Director / February 27, 2016