PLU Department of Music
All students successfully completing degrees in music at PLU will…
- Perform significant repertoire—at a level allowing for artistic self expression—in at least one major performance area.
- Acquire comprehensive knowledge of the common elements of music, demonstrated through the interpretation and presentation of music in their performance medium.
- Apply the comprehensive academic knowledge and wide-ranging performance experience necessary to produce quality music of our contemporary, culturally diverse society.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of music history and repertories in both the Western art music tradition and a vernacular (non-Western) tradition.
- Produce public presentations, at a near-professional level, of musical performances or projects that demonstrate appropriate theoretical, historical, aesthetic and performative skills.
Updated January 2019