PLU is conducting a lock down drill on 10/20/22 from 11:30am to 11:40am. The purpose of this drill is test campus lock down capabilities and for community members to learn and practice lock down procedures. There will be no live action dramatizations during this drill. You may see observers, either Campus Safety officers in uniform or Emergency Building Coordinators (EBCs) wearing high visibility vests.
A Lock Down is our highest level of building security and is designed for incidents when there is an imminent threat to the PLU community. In situations like these, a quick response by students, staff, and faculty can make a significant difference in the overall safety of the entire campus community.
What to Do During a Lockdown:
- Share the alert message to those in your immediate area. Use judgment about the safety of doing so.
- Move to a secure area, if it is safe to do so:
- If you are inside: Move to a secure room such as a classroom or office. Lock or barricade the door, close the window shades, and turn off the lights. Get low on the ground and move to the least visible area of the room. Card access doors will lock automatically, starting first with external doors then internal doors.
- If you are outside: Move away from campus as quickly as possible, stay low, and hide behind natural concealment such as foliage, vehicles, and structures. Be aware that all campus buildings will be locked and your LuteCard will not unlock any doors.
- Stay calm, quiet, low, and out of sight.
- Silence your mobile phone and disable vibration alerts.
- Stop classes and activities.
- Do not open any doors for any reason until an “all clear” signal is given by PLU Alert.
- Stay Alert – Do not call Campus Safety or other departments to request information. Important information will be broadcast using PLU Alert phone/text notifications and posted at the PLU Alerts Webpage.
- If you have specific information about an ongoing threat, call 911 to inform responding agencies.
Oct 20, 2022 @ 11:40am - All Clear - Drill ConcludedThe drill has ended. Thank you for your participation.