How to Become A Teacher - A Guide to Teaching in Washington State
About This Guide
The field of teaching offers you an arena to make an impact on the lives of others while thriving in a professional field over the long-term. The primacy of relationships makes teaching one of the most meaningful careers you can choose.
Whether you’re a recent college graduate or a working professional looking to make a career shift to become a teacher, this resource will help you find out if getting a master’s degree in education is right for you. You will also learn how Pacific Lutheran University’s Master of Arts in Education can prepare you to enter the teaching profession in just one year!
In this resource, we outline
- The benefits of choosing teaching for your career
- A clear step-by-step explanation of Washington state requirements
- Advantages of getting a master’s degree and certification at the same time
- Tips for financing your graduate degree in education
- Pacific Lutheran University’s graduate education options