Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificates
Entrepreneurship and Closely-Held Business
Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificate at PLU in Entrepreneurship and Closely-Held Business.More Information
Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificate at PLU in Healthcare Management.More Information
Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificate at PLU in Supply-Chain Management.More Information
The post- baccalaureate professional business certificates are intended for those who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding in a specific area of business. Applicants must have either completed an undergraduate degree in Business or have relevant industry experience in the area of study.
Each certificate consists of eight credits and courses are offered in six week terms during the summer (late May to mid-August). Classes meet twice a week in the evenings.
Certificates are available in:
How to Apply
Applications are processed through GradCAS, a nationwide centralized application service for graduate programs. All official transcripts must be submitted to GradCAS, not PLU.
Applications are accepted in the Spring on a rolling basis. Once a completed application has been submitted, processing takes two to three weeks.
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – The term when you plan to begin the program
- Institution – Pacific Lutheran University
- Program – Select the certificate program you desire to enroll
- Complete all required application questions.
- Identify two people to provide us with recommendations on your application. Send those two people the link to this Recommendation Form which may be submitted in place of a letter of recommendation.
- Provide the names and contact information of your two recommenders in the online application portal. This will send a recommendation request to them and they may choose to upload the form from bullet one, a letter of recommendation, or both.
Upload your resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional, and community achievements
- Honors and awards
Personal Statement of Professional Goals
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words addressing your educational and professional goals.
- Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Official transcripts must be sent to GradCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. GradCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select GradCAS.
- Include your full GradCAS ID number when entering the GradCAS mailing address.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Download and print the Transcript Request Form under each school you listed in the College Attended section of your application. Send the Transcript Request Form to your school.
Your registrar should mail your paper transcript to the following address:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
School of Business Professional Post-Baccalaureate certificates are offered in the summer at a summer tuition rate of $$1,030 for each credit. Each certificate consists of eight credits for a total of $8,240.