Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificates
Entrepreneurship and Closely-Held Business
Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificate at PLU in Entrepreneurship and Closely-Held Business.More Information
Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificate at PLU in Healthcare Management.More Information
Earn a Post-Baccalaureate Professional Business Certificate at PLU in Supply-Chain Management.More Information
The post- baccalaureate professional business certificates are intended for those who are interested in gaining a deeper understanding in a specific area of business. Applicants must have either completed an undergraduate degree in Business or have relevant industry experience in the area of study.
Each certificate consists of eight credits and courses are offered in six week terms during the summer (late May to mid-August). Classes meet twice a week in the evenings.
Certificates are available in:
How to apply
Applications are accepted in the Spring on a rolling basis. Once a completed application has been submitted, processing takes two to three weeks.
How to submit your application
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – The term when you plan to begin the program
- Institution – Pacific Lutheran University
- Program – Select the certificate program you desire to enroll
- Complete all required application questions.
- Identify two people to provide us recommendations on your application. Send those two people the link to this Recommendation Form which may be submitted in place of a letter of recommendation.
- Provide the names and contact information for your two recommenders in the online application portal. This will send a recommendation request to them and they may choose to upload the form from bullet one, a letter of recommendation, or both.
Upload resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
Personal Statement of Professional Goals
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words addressing your educational and professional goals.
- Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended. Official transcripts are required to be mailed directly to BusinessCAS by the issuing institution’s registrar’s office at the address below
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
- Have the registrar include the Transcript Request Form which you can download in the Academic History section on your application.
- PLU graduates do not need to send their PLU transcripts unless you apply for another school as well.
- Electronical transcripts are only accepted from Credentials Solutions and Parchment. Be sure to enter BusinessCAS as the recipient, not PLU. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
School of Business Professional Post-Baccalaureate certificates are offered in the summer at a summer tuition rate of $$1,030 for each credit. Each certificate consists of eight credits for a total of $8,240.