Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management (SCM) is a multi-faceted discipline that plays a critical role in the competitive success of virtually every business. A growing number of organizations rely on their supply chains to meet customers’ expectation because effective SCM enables them to deliver products or services to end-users in a timely and affordable manner. SCM professionals participate in fundamental decisions associated with business success in a global environment.
This certificate is open to anyone who has educational or employment experience in the field of Supply Chain, Logistics, and Operations.
Summer 2020 Classes included:
- Advanced Supply Chain Management
- This course presents a range of advanced topics in integrated operations and supply chain management. Topics include strategic sourcing and procurement strategies, demand-driven performance, mitigation of supply chain risk, management of third party logistics, and management of supply chain security and risk. Critical to understanding supply chain operations is a review of conventional operations practices and the challenges of flow vs unit costs and the specific challenges of complex supply chains and complex technical systems.
- Project Management
- Study of project management principles and techniques including planning, network building, project control, reporting and closing to address the unique conditions and challenges associated with designing and managing major non-repetitive undertakings. May not be counted toward more than one concentration or certificate.
- Diversity and Multiculturalism
- In this course we will examine the research and application of diversity and multiculturalism in business. From sociological theories of inequality to hands-on case studies, we will grapple with what it means to create and sustain a diverse, multicultural business in an increasingly multicultural world (and why diversity is good for business!). In addition to reading reflections and course discussions, students will engage in a real world assessment of select businesses.
A reduced summer tuition rate of $714/ credit for a total of $5,712.