Technology and Innovation Management
Technology & Innovation Management (TIM) is an interdisciplinary area covers the invention and improvement of technology and the introduction into the marketplace of new products, processes, or services based on innovations. Technological innovation continue to become more complex and multidisciplinary. The integration of the technologies and the accelerated pace of technological change present new challenges to managers.
In an increasingly globalized economy today, high-tech companies need proficient technology management practices to sustain their competitive advantage. The TIM certificate program focuses on management aspects of technological innovation, including the entire technology life cycle from R&D to the commercialization of technology. The TIM Certificate prepares students for leadership in technology-driven companies.
This certificate is open to anyone who has educational or employment experience in the field of technology, supply chain or logistics.
Summer 2020 Classes included:
- Management and Marketing of Technology
- Examines the critical role that technology plays in achieving organizational effectiveness and competitive advantages. Topics include planning, developing, sourcing, and controls of technology and systems, technology transfer and commercialization, technology road mapping, technology integration, marketing of technology, science and technology policy, and global issues in technology management.
- Project Management
- Study of project management principles and techniques including planning, network building, project control, reporting and closing to address the unique conditions and challenges associated with designing and managing major non-repetitive undertakings. May not be counted toward more than one concentration or certificate.
- Diversity and Multiculturalism
- In this course we will examine the research and application of diversity and multiculturalism in business. From sociological theories of inequality to hands-on case studies, we will grapple with what it means to create and sustain a diverse, multicultural business in an increasingly multicultural world (and why diversity is good for business!). In addition to reading reflections and course discussions, students will engage in a real world assessment of select businesses.
A reduced summer tuition rate of $714/ credit for a total of $5,712.