How to apply using the Standard Application
The committee reviews completed applications and makes admissions decisions on a rolling basis. To help you prepare for the start of the program and make yourself eligible for scholarships, we recommend you submit your application before May 1 for summer and fall and before December 1 for Spring.
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – The term when you plan to begin the program
- Institution – Pacific Lutheran University
- Program – Master of Business Administration (with your desired term)
- Complete all required application questions.
- Identify two people to provide us recommendations on your application. Send those two people the link to this Recommendation Form which may be submitted in place of a letter of recommendation.
- Provide the names and contact information for your two recommenders in the online application portal. This will send a recommendation request to them and they may choose to upload the form from bullet one, a letter of recommendation, or both.
Upload resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words addressing your educational and professional goals.
- Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
Official transcripts are required to be mailed directly to BusinessCAS by the issuing institution’s registrar’s office at the address below
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
- Have the registrar include the Transcript Request Form which you can download in the Academic History section on your application.
- PLU graduates do not need to send their PLU transcripts unless you apply for another school as well.
- Electronical transcripts are only accepted from Credentials Solutions and Parchment. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
Have scores sent to PLU directly from the testing agency. Our institution code is 4597. Worried about the cost of the exam? We have a limited number of GMAT fee waivers. In rare circumstances this may be waived, contact the Program Director.
Additional Materials for International Applicants:
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must provide:
- Degree certificate – For completed study, upload a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate via the application portal. Do not send your original document.
- English translation is required if your documents are not issued in English, precise and word-for-word translations are required. Your documents can be translated by your institution, a certified translation agency such as University Language Services, or any other professional translation service. Upload a clear and legible copy of your translations via the online application portal.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Minimum TOEFL-iBT of 88 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for students who graduate from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit (if admitted)
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months. English translation is required if the documents are not issued in English.