How to apply using the Standard Application
The committee reviews completed applications and makes admissions decisions on a rolling basis. To help you prepare for the start of the program and make yourself eligible for scholarships, we recommend you submit your application before May 1 for summer and fall and before December 1 for Spring.
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – Select the term you plan to start
- Institution – Type Pacific Lutheran University in the Search field or use the Filters to search
- Program – Select Master of Business Administration (with your desired term)
- Complete all required application questions.
(Visit the BusinessCAS Applicant Help Center for questions about the application portal)
- Identify two references, either academic or professional.
- Your references will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the reference electronically.
- You can send them the Recommendation Form which may be submitted in place of a letter.
Upload resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words addressing your educational and professional goals.
- Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
- Official transcripts must be sent to BusinessCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See BusinessCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- BusinessCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. BusinessCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select BusinessCAS.
- Include your full BusinessCAS ID number when entering the BusinessCAS mailing address.
- See BusinessCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Download and print the Transcript Request Form under each school you listed in the College Attended section of your application. Send the Transcript Request Form to your school.
Your registrar should mail your paper transcript to the following address:
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
Have scores sent to PLU directly from the testing agency. Our institution code is 4597. Worried about the cost of the exam? We have a limited number of GMAT fee waivers. In rare circumstances this may be waived, contact the Program Director.
Additional Materials for International Applicants:
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must provide:
- Degree certificate – For completed study, upload a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate via the application portal. Do not send your original document.
- English translation is required if your documents are not issued in English, precise and word-for-word translations are required. Your documents can be translated by your institution, a certified translation agency such as University Language Services, or any other professional translation service. Upload a clear and legible copy of your translations via the online application portal.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Minimum TOEFL-iBT of 88 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for students who graduate from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit (if admitted)
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months. English translation is required if the documents are not issued in English.
If you or your recommenders have any questions or technical problems with the online application portal and recommendation process, status, navigation, missing credentials, etc., please visit the BusinessCAS Applicant Help Center, or contact BusinessCAS Customer Service at: (857) 304-2053 ext. 4025 / firstname.lastname@example.org