How to Apply - Standard Application
Applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis. Once a completed application has been submitted, processing takes two to three weeks. The MBA program has three possible start terms: Fall, Spring, and Summer
Beginning September 7, 2017, applications will be processed through BusinessCAS, a nationwide centralized application service for business graduate programs. All official transcripts must be submitted to BusinessCAS, not PLU.
Step One – Apply online via BusinessCAS
- Create your application account via the online application portal (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox)
- Select the following items to start
- Term – The term when you plan to begin the program
- Institution – Pacific Lutheran University
- Program – Master of Business Administration (with your desired term)
- Complete all required application questions.
- Provide two references via the online application portal. This will send an email notification to your recommenders to follow a link and submit their letters of recommendation. References may be academic or professional.
- Upload resume that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload personal statement: The statement should be 300-400 words addressing your educational and professional goals.
- Pay the nonrefundable $48 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
Step Two – Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
Official transcripts are required to be mailed directly to BusinessCAS by the issuing institution’s registrar’s office at the address below
BusinessCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9221
Watertown, MA 02471
- Have the registrar include the Transcript Request Form which you can download in the Academic History section on your application.
- PLU graduates do not need to send their PLU transcripts unless you apply for another school as well.
- Electronical transcripts are only accepted from Credentials Solutions and Parchment. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail.
Step Three – Schedule to take the GRE or GMAT
Have scores sent to PLU directly from the testing institution. Our institution code is 4597.
Worried about the cost of the exam? We have a limited number of GMAT fee waivers. In rare circumstances this may be waived, contact the Program Director.
Additional Materials for International Applicants:
In addition to the above listed application requirements, international students must provide:
- Degree certificate – For completed study, upload a clear and legible copy of your degree certificate via the application portal. Do not send your original document.
- English translation is required if your documents are not issued in English, precise and word-for-word translations are required. Your documents can be translated by your institution, a certified translation agency such as University Language Services, or any other professional translation service. Upload a clear and legible copy of your translations via the online application portal.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Minimum TOEFL-iBT of 88 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOEFL or IELTS may be waived for students who graduate from a regionally-accredited U.S. college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit (if admitted)
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months. English translation is required if the documents are not issued in English.
Online Application Technical Support
If you or your recommenders have any questions or technical problems with the online application portal and recommendation process, status, navigation, missing credentials, etc., please contact BusinessCAS Customer Service at: (857) 304-2053 ext. 4025 / firstname.lastname@example.org