Stuen Hall Re-Opening for Fall 2014!
For the latest construction information and updates, please visit our Stuen Hall Updates page.
This hall may be the smallest on the PLU campus, but good things come in small packages! Stuen Hall is currently undergoing both seismic and cosmetic renovations which we are excited to share with you.
- Card access on new resident room doors - no more room keys!
- Energy efficient windows
- New moveable desks and chairs in each room
- Overhead LED lights in resident rooms - improved lighting and energy efficiency
- Fresh paint and new flooring throughout the hall
- Fully renovated bathrooms with increased privacy and heated floors
- New common area furniture
- The main floor kitchen has more than doubled in size. While there is an open doorway between the kitchen and main lounge, we did not remove the wall between the two due to the unforeseen costs of moving ductwork and satisfying fire code.
- The kitchenettes on the 2nd and 3rd floors have been enhanced
- The lounges on the 2nd and 3rd floors have increased in size by 50% by incorporating the previously unused balcony space into the lounge
- Steel plates now reinforce the walls to significantly improve safely should an earthquake happen in the region.
- Fire safety is also greatly enhanced by the new building-wide sprinkler system.
Welcome to Stuen! We're excited to re-open for Fall 2014 after our renovation, and excited to have you as part of our community! Stuen is a small hall with a lot of character! We have kitchens and study rooms on each floor, lounges with great views of the Stuen courtyard, and are close to campus features.
Stuen has kitchens on each floor, study rooms, and recycling rooms. Come inside Stuen and relax in one of our 3 lounges, each with comfy couches and large TV's. Out basement has a fully stocked game room, along with plenty of washers and dryers for the hall.
Location, location, location:
Stuen is located steps away from the Admin building, Lagerquist, the Mary Baker Russell Music building, the library and the Karen Hille Phillips Center.
Have Fun Where You Live:
Join the Stuen Residence Hall Council as they put on great events that welcome Stuen back to campus. Bar-B-Queing with Stuen will be held in fall and will be a great time to grab food and enjoy Stuen's new features. Want to make your community feel even more like home? Join the RHC and help put on great events and gain leadership skills!
Also located in Stuen is the Social Action and Leadership Community, a community focused on empowering student to know themselves and become agents of change at PLU and in the communities they are a part of. Check out the SAL page for more information.
Stuen Hall information
- WiFi Available throughout the building
- Centralized laundry room
- A fireplace is located in the main lounge
- A big screen TV and games room is available to residents
- Centralized study rooms
- Annual event: Stuen BBQ