If you find yourself or someone else in a urgent mental health situation, please do not hesitate to utilize the following resources.
For EMERGENCIES (an immediate threat of harm to yourself or someone else), call PLU Campus Safety at 253-535-7911 or 911 for immediate assistance.
Call the PLU Crisis Line at 253-535-7075 to speak with a mental health professional within moments. This line is available 24/7/365 (evenings, weekends, holidays) and you need not be in crisis to utilize it. For students feeling distraught or overwhelmed, this is a great service to utilize. Save this number on your phone!
- Calling the PLU Crisis Line is often the most immediate way to access a mental health professional.
- The Crisis Line provides a triage service to assess the nature of students’ presenting concerns and help students identify the next steps to support their health and safety.
- PLU Residence Hall staff, faculty, staff, and employers of students are encouraged to utilize this line to assist students needing urgent mental health support after hours or to uplift an urgent concern about a student.
TimelyCare (formerly Lute Telehealth) is a 24/7/365 free mental health and medical care resource for currently enrolled PLU students, using HIPAA compliant, on-demand virtual and phone-based services.
- Log in with your PLU credentials, then select “Talk Now” to speak with a mental health provider same-day.
- There is no limit to using this service.
During business hours (8:00am-noon, 1:00-5:00pm) contact PLU Counseling Services at 253-535-7206 to schedule a formal appointment.
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
Pierce County Sexual Assault Center at 800-756-7273 or Pierce County Domestic Violence Helpline at 800-764-2420.
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline – 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources
Pierce County Crisis Clinic: 253-798-4333
Pierce County Crisis Intervention: 1-800-576-7764
Seattle/King County Crisis Clinic: 206-461-3222
Crisis Clinic: 360-586-2800
Crisis Resolution Services: 360-754-1338
Local Emergency Departments
Good Samaritan Emergency Dept
St. Clare Hospital
St. Joseph Hospital
Tacoma General Hospital
St. Elizabeth Hospital
St. Peter Hospital