- M.A., Marriage and Family Therapy, Pacific Lutheran University, 2012
- B.A., Liberal Arts / Psychology, University of Washington, Tacoma, 1999
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Certificate: Advanced Certification in Feminist Coaching, 2023
- Certificate: Women’s Leadership Development Program, Oxford University, 2022
- Certificate: Holistic Mind and Body Practitioner, Mind/Body/Food Institute, 2022
- Certified Clinical Supervisor: Cascadia Training Institute, 2017
- CBT Plus National Certification: Harborview Sexual Assault and Trauma Center, February 2014
- Mental Health Professional, 2014
I am very excited to be back on the PLU campus! I graduated from the PLU MFT program in 2012, and am looking forward to assisting the PLU community through our amazing counseling services.
I have over 12 years of experience as a therapist, along with an extensive professional history within the social work and social justice field. I have guided many people throughout the years, and feel it is my calling to be present for those who need support through this grand adventure called LIFE!
My main goal is to help you cut through the minutiae of your own mind, implement tools that will help you take back the authority of your life and propel you forward on the path of your choosing. I believe in creating “brave spaces” within the therapy room. My style of therapy is a little different as I believe therapy does not have to be a long drawn out process, nor a deep dive, in order to make significant changes in your life. Sometimes, you just need a place to breathe, focus and figure out your next steps. I combine various therapy techniques, in order to challenge you, keep you focused and allow space for you to discover your authentic self. Humor is also an important element of the process!
If you are ready for deep and lasting change, then contact PLU Counseling Services and let’s get started!