Summer 2022 Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) at Washington State University
The Department of Physics and Astronomy will offer paid summer research internships through our NSF-funded REU program where students will explore how wave concepts are manifest in a broad range of physics and astronomy subfields through individual research projects and interactions with others. See our promotional video for the Physics and Astronomy program.
- Photons in Applied Materials
- Wavefunctions in Quantum Materials
- Phonons and Shockwaves
- Waves Revealing the Cosmos
The 10-week program runs in conjunction with other programs on campus (~80 other STEM REU students) and includes professional development seminars, career oriented trips (e.g. LIGO Hanford – gravity wave observatory), social activities, and networking, including presenting at the WSU Undergraduate Summer Research Symposium.
- On-Campus Housing
- Food Budget
- Stipend: $6,000
- Undergraduate students who have not yet obtained their bachelors degree
- U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
- STEM major or at least introductory courses
- Minorities and women strongly encouraged to apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.