Department of Physics Learning Outcomes
- Learners will be able to demonstrate and apply their understanding of fundamental concepts by successfully solving a variety of physics problems in different contexts. A detailed list of fundamental physics concepts is provided within the learning outcomes of each course, included in the course syllabus.
- Learners will be able to create, analyze, and deliver effective written and oral scientific communication.
- Learners will be able to demonstrate effective collaboration in group and team environments, such as group problem solving and laboratory experiments. A detailed list of collaborative activities is provided within the learning outcomes of each course, included in the course syllabus.
- Learners will be able to computationally solve physics and/or engineering problems using software packages such as spreadsheets, numerical integration, matrix multiplication tools, or symbolic manipulation (computer algebra) systems, as appropriate for employment or for further study and research.
- Learners will be able to use professional-level resources to research, design, and/or implement an experimental or theoretical study to understand a physical phenomenon.
Updated January 2019