A Guide to Careers in Nursing
A Free Resource for Beginning and Advanced Nursing Professionals
About This Guide
The ongoing nursing shortage and the projected retirement of over 1 million experienced nurses by 2030 means that nurses who gain higher levels of education and experience now will be well-poised to lead the next generation of nurses in all settings: research, education, and practice.
This resource is designed to offer aspiring, beginning, and advanced nursing professionals a clear summary of career paths and opportunities within the nursing industry and a clear look at the benefits of a nursing graduate degree.
In this guide, you will learn about
- Reasons why you should consider getting a graduate degree in nursing
- Career roles and salary expectations for nurses with advanced degrees
- Graduate Degree Options that Will Develop Your Nursing Career
- Pacific Lutheran University’s graduate nursing degrees
- Advantages of Pursuing Nursing as a Career in Washington