Nursing Conditional Admission
PLU provides a direct admission process for application to the School of Nursing. It gives a select number of full-time, first-year students conditional admission to the BSN program. This admission process is competitive, and seeks to admit students with strong college preparatory coursework.
Students offered conditional admission and who meet the following academic requirements will be granted guaranteed admission to the School of Nursing beginning either in the fall or spring of their third year:
- Students are required to complete ALL pre-nursing coursework during their first two years at PLU
- Students are required to earn a ‘B’ grade or higher in ALL PLU coursework
Application Priority Dates & Decisions
There are four application priority dates for Nursing Conditional Admission: October 25, November 15, December 15 and January 15. Students who submit all admission materials and the online Nursing Conditional Admission application prior to one of these dates can expect a conditional admission decision prior to the next decision date. The final deadline to apply for Nursing Conditional Admission is January 15, 2022. The School of Nursing will send final offers of conditional admission by February 15.
*Though PLU offers test optional admission to the university, we strongly encourage Nursing Conditional Admission applicants to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
Those not offered conditional admission may still complete the pre-nursing coursework during their first two years at PLU, and apply to the School of Nursing during their sophomore year.
Running Start & Transfer Students
- If you will earn your Pre-Nursing Associate’s Degree (and have all PLU nursing prerequisites complete) by the end of summer 2022, you can apply directly to the School of Nursing through the Application for Associate’s Degree-seeking High School Seniors.
- If you will NOT complete nursing prerequisites by the time you start at PLU, apply through the Conditional Admission Application.
- The Nursing Conditional Admission Application is ONLY for first year students (high school seniors).
- If you are a transfer student, apply via our transfer application.