School of Nursing Fund for Excellence
The School of Nursing at Pacific Lutheran University integrates the liberal arts and professional education, and is committed to three areas of responsibility for nursing education:
- Preparation of baccalaureate nurse generalists for the roles of provider, designer, manager, and coordinator of direct and indirect care, and a member of a profession.
- Graduate preparation of professional nurses for the roles of advanced practitioner, leader, and scholar and as a foundation for doctoral studies.
- Professional development of nurses through continuing educational opportunities.
The School of Nursing creates teaching and learning opportunities for PLU students, faculty and community health care providers. Gifts to the fund will support:
- Dean’s Fund: Allows the Dean to support emerging or urgent needs as they arise.
- Nursing Scholarships: Lessens students’ financial burden, allowing them to focus on what college is really about – academics.
- Professional Development for School of Nursing faculty: Provides Nursing faculty with opportunities to travel, attend, or present at a conference or workshop, and also provides funds to purchase books or articles for research.
- Continuing Nursing Education (CNE): Helps provide scholarships to current nurses who need or want to further their education after graduation. PLU is a leader in providing CNE to the healthcare community.
- Comprehensive Gerontologic Education Partnership (CGEP): Funds support this original, multi-faceted program that addresses the region’s need for skilled nurses specializing in geriatric care. The program includes the Kinship Caregiving Program, the Congestive Heart Failure Project and Gero Scholars program for nurses intending to go into geriatric care.
A gift of any size makes a big difference for the School of Nursing!
The School of Nursing Fund for Excellence offers extraordinary learning opportunities that complements and enhances the academic studies of our students.
- A gift of $1,000 or more can provide a scholarship to a deserving student or cover travel expenses for faculty professional development.
- A gift of $500 can give up to 10 nursing professionals the opportunity to attend a CNE event at PLU.
- A gift of $250 can provide teaching, learning and lab supplies for students.